Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 A5 coupe (B9) and am thinking of changing / painting the front & rear 4 rings from chrome to black. The rear ones obviously just need a little heat and thread to remove. I looked at the front and see they are located with little clips. Is it just a case of prising them out or do I need to remove the grill to get access.

Don't want to force them and damage the grill.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Not sure, may be. Case of try and see!? :)

Not sure on the B9, but on the B8.5, you can remove the plastic cover where the bonnet closes to gain access to the back of the grille and the badge! So to be sure, remove this top plastic cover, think they are all the plastic pins that need to be pushed down, then you can prise up the whole clip and remove the plastic panel.

·
Registered
304 Posts
When I did a grill upgrade on my Sportback there were definitely clips on the back of the Audi rings that you have to release to pop them off, if you only prize from the front you will break these clips.

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
And where can you purchase new front rings, cos mine from 2005 look a a bit sad......thanks.

·
Sponsor
2,363 Posts
And where can you purchase new front rings, cos mine from 2005 look a a bit sad......thanks.
The bay of E is your best bet generally. Dealers might have them, but will probably want to sell you a whole grill.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all.

I did look at removing the cover panel inside the bonnet but the bonnet release lever runs through it. I'll have a go at loosening the cover enough to get my hands behind it and to the rear of the grill.

(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts