Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll spare you the details...needless to say, I wasn't paying attention, and no one was injured.

Do I have the distinction of being the first on the forum? :(

·
Registered
247 Posts
well the important thing is no one got hurt, can fix cars, not as easy with health.

Let us know what happens next, since I'm not sure how long it will take for the car to get fixed?

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear/see that. What's amazing is that the damage seems to be confined to the hood...? I guess you were fortunate that whatever you hit cleared your grill area?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ouch and sorry to see your baby like that.

Unfortunately you're not the first on the forum. One of the other guys (nameless) had his written off when a car span in front of him on the motorway (freeway!). fortunately he is OK, but the car is a gonner. A sad day. :(

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nooooo!!!!!

(Apologies for the duplication - post overlapped with Ian's!)

I'm so sorry, it hurts to look at it. I did exactly the same in my Alfa GT 2 months into ownership - 5mph into the back of a Mitsubishi Shogun. After I'd sat on the bonnet to flatten it so I could see where I was going, looked alot like yours.

If it's any consolation, you're not the first to hurt their 5 - one of our number (who I won't name 'cos he told me about via PM and not on the forum) wrecked his S5 a couple of weeks back in a high-speed UK M-way accident (not his fault - hit by an out of control vehicle). He was ok, miraculously, but initial repair estimate was circa £20K and he was expecting the insurers to write it off.

Things could always be worse......

·
Registered
487 Posts
ouch!!! It certainly does look like it could be repaired though? I'm certainly no expert...

·
Registered
435 Posts
@JonathonGili:

You know, you could take this as a good thing. If you didn't have a clear bra on the car, now is the time to invest in it. I have just about 5k miles on my car and I am disgusted by the number of chips in the front. The hood isn't as bad (i'd say only go up about 1 to 2 feet), but the front plastics are pummeled around the headlights. I didn't notice all of them until I was claying my car. When they repaint the front plastic (or replace if your lucky) you should install the bra.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had you beat. On March 18 (5 days after delivery) at 10:15 PM I came over a hill and found 10 cows (yes, cows) on the road. I swerved and struck just one. A very small, almost undetectable dent on the hood and broke out the inside of the passenger mirror and adjuster. When the glass in the mirror broke it scratched the passenger window, so that was also replaced. Bottom line I could fix all with no paint and replaced the inside of the passenger mirror. The farmer paid the bill and I'm ready to go.

·
Registered
196 Posts
the pain. . . that sucks man I'm sorry. Hope it gets fixed fast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts