Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone have a link or thread to reviews / information on the new 3G MMI system? I haven't been able to find any customer reviews on the system to see if it's worth getting..

Thanks!
Daveo

·
Registered
464 Posts
its in the Q5 now, go have a look at it in your local audi dealer

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've just recevied my A5 and am greatly impressed with the new MMI, if my customer opinion counts for anything!

·
Registered
31 Posts
DVD playing

For those of you with 3g mmi have you tried to play a dvd in the unit while in park? Also did it come with the sd card slots?
Yes, the DVD will play but will close the video when you start to drive - apparently there is a VAG-COM setting that can change this but I do not know or tried.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
apparently there is a VAG-COM setting that can change this but I do not know or tried.
There isnt. You also have to be careful that settings havent changed with 3g so that the unlocking options that worked with 2G may not work on 3g

·
Registered
70 Posts
Very impressed with 3G MMI. I also have the AMI to interface with my iPod. So I can play music from the CD changer, I can play from my iPod with full control, I can play from a USB hard drive plugged into the AMI, I can load up to 10Gb of music to the car's hard drive, I can load music onto two SD cards and load into the dash slots, or I can play a DVD!
The 3D sat nav is very clear and easy to use.
The directory works for the phone or for the nav.
The voice control from the MFSW works OK once you've taught it to your voice.
I've loaded the handbook onto the hard drive.
And with phone prep low my Nokia makes a solid connection and down loads the phone book into the car.
How cool is all that!

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Very impressed with 3G MMI. I also have the AMI to interface with my iPod. So I can play music from the CD changer, I can play from my iPod with full control, I can play from a USB hard drive plugged into the AMI, I can load up to 10Gb of music to the car's hard drive, I can load music onto two SD cards and load into the dash slots, or I can play a DVD!
And with phone prep low my Nokia makes a solid connection and down loads the phone book into the car.
How cool is all that!

Sounds like my car a couple of months newer... Lucky you! Hope you enjoy it. Cheers
RG:D:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
How cool is all that!
Hi Stu

You mentioned voice control from the MFSW...
Did you buy voice control as an option, or is there an element of voice control for the phone as some threads have hinted towards before...?

Cheers

Nick

·
Registered
70 Posts
The voice control came with the spec. It provides control for basic functions, the sat nav and telephone.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The voice control came with the spec. It provides control for basic functions, the sat nav and telephone.
Thanks for that...

I've just noticed in the latest brochure (Jan 2009), voice control package has been removed...!!

I guess this implies that it is standard now with the new 3G MMI....

Splendid!

:)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
For Kufatec,it's necessary to ship your main unit to replace something in the unit...it's better to find the solution with the VAGcom for keep the warranty on the mmi...
I purchased my tv unlock with them and didnt send them anything. They send a unit attached to a diagnostic cable which you plug in, fire up, wait a minute and the unlock is coded.

It would only be different if 3G MMI has made changes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to averyone!

I can help to make video in motion on MMI 2G or 3G on-line if you have connection to vehicle and internet at same moment...

You can find me at audiforum.us (there is VIM topic) or at my new web site (it still under constraction) audi-portal.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.