Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 a5 with the mmi 3g hdd. I bought a europa maps dvd thats from audi and its a 2010 version for the mmi 3g. It doesnt work when i put the disc in. Also, my car is US spec and I got this dvd from the UK. Any guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I have a 2011 a5 with the mmi 3g hdd. I bought a europa maps dvd thats from audi and its a 2010 version for the mmi 3g. It doesnt work when i put the disc in. Also, my car is US spec and I got this dvd from the UK. Any guidance is appreciated.
Sorry to say but you are facing serious obstacles:

1) That DVD is not for MMI 3G HDD (MMI Navigation Plus). It is for MMI 3G Navigation without plus and without HDD that is offered in Europe. MMI 3G HDD map updates requires dealer update and activation from multiple discs/memory card. You can read about these systems here: http://a6retrofit.tripod.com/articles/audimultimediasystems.html

2) The issue of using EU maps in US cars in 3G has plagued many. Last solution I heard involved a 3000 euro headunit swap at Kufatec.de. I recommend you search and ask at audiforum.us/mmi where the best MMI gurus hang out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Please try VNSmedia ([email protected]) - They have some good solution for You're problem and its cheaper than 3000 euro.

have a great day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts