Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a link to solve the 3g mmi and led brake lights conversations.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081124.006/audi-s5-led-rear-lamps--3g-mmi-coming-soon

The Audi S5 continues to be updated. First with the new 245kW / 333hp 3.0-litre supercharged engine coming for 2009, and soon it will feature LED tail lights (December production start) and the option of a new third generation MMI system. The rear lights, through the use of light-emitting diodes (LED) have changed their look from what could have been described as ordinary into something more elegant. Reverse light has swapped places with brake lights, and now falls lower on the cluster rung.

For its infotainment purposes, the Audi S5 will have the third generation MMI system with the latest multimedia interface. It features faster graphics, a large hard disk drive for storage of music files etc, and a topographical or 3D representation of images, as well as a small cursor that goes with the hurdy wheel/ switch.

MMI III is available for the A8, Q5 and facelifted A6. A5 can also get 3G MMI, but it only gets LED lights if it turns into an S5.

·
Registered
76 Posts
soon it will feature LED tail lights (December production start) and the option of a new third generation MMI system
So... Do they mean the LED tail lights and 3G MMI are for cars with a build date after Dec 2008 or Dec 2009?

Still not liking the LED tails. If mine does come with them (Feb '09 build date) and I don't like them, may put them up for a swap for an "old" set.

·
Registered
483 Posts
So... Do they mean the LED tail lights and 3G MMI are for cars with a build date after Dec 2008 or Dec 2009?

Still not liking the LED tails. If mine does come with them (Feb '09 build date) and I don't like them, may put them up for a swap for an "old" set.
dibs on your new LED tails :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
+1 , yuck, if they kept the reverse light where it was originally I would be all over them. But moving that changes the whole look of the rear end . . .

Praying for 3G MMI, but deff not excited about these new taillights. Or a supercharged 6 either.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I already called dibs :'(!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Surprised nobody's seen this yet.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081124.006/audi-s5-led-rear-lamps--3g-mmi-coming-soon

Note the 'V6T' markings on the side. A huge disappointment. Actually not so because it makes our S5s much more exclusive. Who the hell wants a V6 instead of a V8. Stupid move Audi.

But those LED rear lamps look pretty nice. I will surely consider getting those for my S5 as well.

And Audi can update our MMI systems can they?

So overall, my opinion is that its the buyers of these new S5s that are missing out. I just don't know what options they might have available on this new one such as automatically folding mirrors.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
well you're eyesight myst be good... I've looke,d, blown up and enhanced and it looks more like V8 on the side, so I doubt it's a scoop. Besides I saw a 57 plate (sept 2007 car) A5 with these LED rear lights last week... which must have been retro-fitted.

...also, who chose those wheels? eugh.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I concur with Ianhp1's wheel comment.

I'm seeing more and more S5's down under with the poverty pack 18" rims. (They're standard here but most owners have optioned with the 19").

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
And Audi can update our MMI systems can they?
No. Its new hardware.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've heard about the new MMI and LED lights from my dealer and know that my car arriving in Feb 09 will have them.
However, I've not heard a single word about the V6 being incorporated into the 09 models. as far as i know, recent deliveries in Germany only had the LEDs and MMI changed and no one has commented on actually receiving a supercharged V6.

·
Registered
160 Posts
can LED's be retrofitted??? I want it!

·
Registered
437 Posts
us production dates

when do us cars start to recieve v6?

The audi website configurator still has 4.2 fsi.

I have been waiting almost a year for a v8 s5, and will be canceling my order if this is the case.

I ordered my car april 08, and just recently told the car will not arrive until feb 1 09??

·
Registered
17 Posts
so for sure the new 3G MMI will be coming out in DEC 08' production for USA?!
unfort the audi website is always slow on releasing all the juicy detail...
i'll have to ask my dealer monday, if this is true, the i need to jump on that buildlist!

·
Registered
11 Posts
when do us cars start to recieve v6?

The audi website configurator still has 4.2 fsi.

I have been waiting almost a year for a v8 s5, and will be canceling my order if this is the case.

I ordered my car april 08, and just recently told the car will not arrive until feb 1 09??
Your dealership must not have many allocation slots available, then. I'm reading more and more reports from various discussion forums that A5s and S5s are starting to accumulate on dealership lots. You may want to start calling around to other shops to see if someone has one spec'd out to your liking available.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
so for sure the new 3G MMI will be coming out in DEC 08' production for USA?!
No. From what I understand, European markets are getting it first. I don't believe there's been any confirmed date yet on when the US gets it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I know that on the 06/07 M5 you can buy a retrofit kit that allows them to have 08 M5 LED tails...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts