Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all,

I would like to convey my gratitude for TX and ShadyJC for providing me with lots of information regarding wheels, tires, and suspension. These two people have been very active in answering all the questions! Also, thanks to Essfive for helping me with some suspension questions!

Anyways, here is my spec:

360Forged Split Sevens
20x9.5, offset 31.
Chrome lip finish and brushed face.

Tires are bridgestone potenza 960As pole position.

KW V2 coilover, dampening setting 7/20. 0 = soft, 20 = hard.

So far, ride quality has been slightly worse compared to A5 stock suspension (non S-line). However, I am pretty happy with it. Ride height was measured at 26.25" on all sides. The bridgestone tires are awesome. Much more quiet than the stock Pirelli. I do feel I got better handling after I performed my wheel alignment. So far, no problem at all. Total turnaround time for ordering the wheels are exactly three weeks.

Hope you enjoy the pictures. These are taken by my friend's camera. I do apologize if the image quality is not good because frankly speaking I'm not good at photography lol.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats!
Makes the car look even sleeker and pleasing!
Good to see 360 managed to satisfy this time. Next mod... exhaust?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
First of all,

I would like to convey my gratitude for TX and ShadyJC for providing me with lots of information regarding wheels, tires, and suspension. These two people have been very active in answering all the questions! Also, thanks to Essfive for helping me with some suspension questions!
Thanks for the kind words, alucius. It's always nice to hear when my efforts in providing information have been helpful to others. :)

The wheels look great! They go quite well with your black car. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your KW coilovers having a slightly worse ride quality than the stock setup. It's interesting that you mention that because I think all the posts I've read about KW ride comfort being better than stock have been from S5 owners, which I suppose would make sense given the S5 has a stiffer suspension than the A5 to begin with. What size tires are you running? (I'm curious how tall your sidewall is.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tx, tire size is 275/30/20 per many people recommendations (I think that's including yours). When I said slightly worse comfort, however, I really mean slightly. I know for sure it's not better than stock, but suppose I buy the car as it is right now, I would have no complaint :) If anything, I could always adjust the dampening setting to less than 7. However, I am afraid that too much dampening = potential rubbing issues, thus I stick with 7...

Thanks again TX.

alucius

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
359 Posts
this confirms my own likes of the split 7 from 360 Forged. In my situation, I would have stayed with 19" but I would imagine it'd still look just as stunning.

BTW: I personally think a BBK should be the next mod. Those wheels beg to frame a bad-ass 6 piston setup with 370mm rotors!

·
Registered
268 Posts
No, this is regular A5, with technology, navigation, premium, and sound packages only. No S-line package.
oh, ok.... it looks really good...

i dont pick up my sline until next week and i keep on forgetting what it looks like.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks really nice!

Your car is proof that with the right offsets and lip size you really don't need to go super wide on the tires to make it look good.

How much of a lip do you have on the Front & Rear?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$3000 is for wheels only. I got this price because of a special circumstances. At other places, all the quotes are $4800 minimum. 3000 is because some people ordered this wheels and ended up defaulting the payment. Therefore, the transaction got cancelled. Wheels are sitting in their local shack at Miami. It then becomes my duty to grab it at cheap price :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Alucius,

Great looking car !!
Sick wheels......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts