Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Seems like the BMW won at the last minute...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
That's BS. No way would a stock 335 pull like that....

·
Registered
220 Posts
doesn't matter, the S5 looked and sounded better!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
335 must be chipped. It definitely doesn't match any of the real life experiences that I have had with them...

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
IF the 335 is faster than an S5 its marginal (see Firth Gear track report) I have had a couple of runs against 335's as have other forum members, no stock 335 will pull on an S5 to the extent shown in the first video. And frankly who gives a toss anyway ! I'm sick of the 335 v S5 'which is fastest' threads, they always amount to the same thing. You pays your money and takes your choice.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
This video comes from a friend of mine with stock 335i I raced a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP_rISHNMyE

That's definetely faster than S5.
In that video it took nearly 6 seconds to hit 100km/h we know the S5 does it much quicker.

I'm not doubting the 335i is fast, it is and I would have thought equal to the S5, it's just not as fast as that video makes it out to be, u would have to have way more power to pull back 2 car lengths at the rate it did.

Also if it gets to 100km/h in that time how on earth would a stock one get a sudden boost of speed to pull the S5 back in which.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
The A5/S5 was never meant to be a track car in the first place. it's been said a million times that this is aGrand Touring Coupe and people (especially bmw drivers) can't seem to understand that. Comparing this car to a 335i Merc clk in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I agree that the S5 is a GT car but neither the 335 or CLK are track cars either. Still the S5 takes them down on the track and in accelleration tests. I think it's a fair comparison.

The A5/S5 was never meant to be a track car in the first place. it's been said a million times that this is aGrand Touring Coupe and people (especially bmw drivers) can't seem to understand that. Comparing this car to a 335i Merc clk in my opinion is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
290 Posts
pretty sure the s5 in the first videos hits its break around the 43second mark........maybe to even out with the 335 for a rolling start-i dunno-maybe just the camera angle

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.