Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 3.0Tdi Tiptronic

Votes: 13 68.4%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a very useful post by Addy yesterday, it would seem that the 2.0T engine is available to order from today.

I was literally about to order a 3.0Tdi tiptronic today or monday. I have done all the phoning around and got a very good deal. Specced the car with plenty of goodies and was very happy about the whole thing.

This new engine has really got me thinking though. I have had a 2.0TQ A3 for three years and been really happy with it.

It is a company car and the tax would be £70 per month less on the 2.0T than the diesel but I would like auto. Don't really need diesel as I do about 14k miles p.a. The petrol books at 6.5 0-60 and the diesel 6 flat. Petrol has 350Nm and the diesel 500Nm of torque.

Is it worth going for the diesel over the petrol?? Help me decide please!!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If you want automatic, go fo the 3.0 TDI. Even though in the beginning any new car will be nice, but as times goes on and you are driving manual, you may start to regret and miss the automatic you originally wanted.

If you want manual, well, then you have a really good question for which I don't have an answer. :) But if you want automatic, don't think twice, just put the 3.0 TDI on order. (2.0 TFSI quattro automatic will probably come some day but not this year I think, maybe next year earliest.)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deal done on the TDI:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Booster

Congratulations - On paper I think you've made the right choice. On my mileage (35k p.a.) I don't have much option but appreciate your predicament.

I've been trying to get a drive in the the 3.0 Tdi Auto but can't find one anywhere. Have you driven one yet and if so where as I can't find a dealer who has one yet?

Thanks and enjoy!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Booster

I've been trying to get a drive in the the 3.0 Tdi Auto but can't find one anywhere. Have you driven one yet and if so where as I can't find a dealer who has one yet?

Thanks and enjoy!
I've only driven a manual one. Don't think anyone (even dealers) have taken delivery of a tiptronic yet. First ones arrive in the next couple of weeks accoring to my dealer.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Booster - what's the lead time for your 3.0 Tdi Tip? and were they willing to deal? Thanks

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They have given me a provisional date of 14th October but a confirmed date will be available once Audi in Germany allocate it a build slot.
My wife is expecting our first child at the end of september and I'm not sure what I am more excited about!!! Joke:)

I did a lot of ringing around and got a very good deal. Mind you, so we should as we have ordered my car and a colleague is having a Q7 from them as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts