Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need opinions please!!
Anyone who has a 3.0TDI with a turbo back straight through exhaust system. Would you say it's worth paying extra to have valve control? Or is it okay to drive in echo/drive mode under 2.5k rpm? What's the sound like under normal driving conditions in town and what is it like on motorways at 120-150kmh?

·
Registered
A5 B8 Coupe 3.0TDI 240HP - Manual transmission
7 Posts
Hello mate,
I wouldnt recommend to get your car straight piped. Few days you´ll be amazed, but then your head will probably explode or something :D I was thinking about it very much, then me and my mechanic found the best solution. Rear muffler delete doesnt make any difference in sound, its just waste of money to do that. In my opinion the best solution is to bypass DPF (Particular filter), but there your ECU will recognise there is something wrong (low pressure in DPF, low temperature) and basicly your car won´t run well. So I´ll be running dual map in ECU. One map completly stock and second just with turned off DPF, so the car won´t recognise anything wrong with it. In real life it will work like that: If you want to have silent car, just switch to stock map and close the valve on DPF bypass pipe( Before the DPF is welded pipe, that connects back to stock exhaust after the DPF and has electronic operated valve) - for example by pushing brake and throttle for few seconds together, start the car, you have stock exhaust. Once you want to have noisy car, just do that once more :) I´ll get this done next month on my car, looking forward.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts