Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine management light came on yesterday. Took it to the dealer today and they re-set all fault codes as it didn't show up anything.

The light immediately came back on again. :confused:

They then produced a service bulletin / advisory note from Audi that said that 3.0TDi models need to go back in for a replacement auxiliary water pump. The bulletin must have been very new as they said that they were working on a software update that related to the issue.

Anyone else had anything similar or heard anything?

Part has been ordered and mine will be going in when it arrives.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh dear Booster, Thats not good news !!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know!!! :(

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The odd thing is the fact that there are no errors logged and they aren't even sure that this water pump issue is the cause of the light.

Car drives fine and I've been told that I can drive it as normal.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Whenever I used to get annoying warning lights, I found the best cure was to remove the little LED. ;)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen your modding post. You aren't getting anywhere near my dashboard :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
The odd thing is the fact that there are no errors logged and they aren't even sure that this water pump issue is the cause of the light.

Car drives fine and I've been told that I can drive it as normal.
That's strange, being able to drive the same as usual :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Booster ,

I have 3.0TDI (58 reg) , done 1300 miles . My cars engine management light came on today about 70 miles form home.

Called the Audi assist (or whatever it is called ). Chap came out and but to quote his 'report' ''Could not read fault memory using current software'' but told me safe to drive it home . Just averaged 48mpg !!!! as a result of taking it easy.

It is booked in at the dealers tomorrow morning for them to investigate .

Bit bleedin miffed though as can't get them to give me a courtsey car and have a meeting 50 miles away I need to attend . Audi assist tell me they will only provide a courtesy car if mine can't be driven and they have had to tow it away !!! Can feel my blood boiling as I type this.

Anyway did you get yours sorted ???

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm. I see yours is a 1st September car as well. Mine arrived at the dealers around 1st August. I wonder if it is an affected batch??

I haven't had mine looked at yet as I have had better things to do like becoming a dad for the first time!! :D:D:D:D:D

My beautiful daughter Kitty Florence was born last thursday and I couldn't have the car off the road in case I had to get my wife to the hospital.

My dealer has got the revised auxiliary water pump in for me and the car is still driving fine. I will book it on next week once I get back to some form of normality:)

I got the dealer to email me confirmation that I am ok to drive the car just to cover my ass if something goes wrong.

Let me know what tyour dealer says when they have looked at it.

I'm going to try to get some sleep!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cheers Robb :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats Booster

·
Registered
118 Posts
Firstly congrats Booster.

My ECU light came on in my first week of ownership as well, pretty much the same called After Audi Roadside who reset the error light, he said that it was showing an unrecognised error code?!?

The orange ECU light came back on again on the way home from picking my Son up. I lost power again, but I managed to limp home, as it was only 5 miles out, my local service department checked it out over night and told me that the Micro Roadpilot i had installed and hard wired was causing an intermittent fault on the system.

It’s never appeared again, so I forgot all about it, but I’m sort of thinking that too many of us are having the same fault not being diagnosed as anything, and more likely fobbed off by the dealer till it comes back on again.

R

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on becoming a dad .

Took the car in this morning .

Was told it was showing as an intermitent fault . They reset the settings (assume this means got rid of the light) and have sent a report to Audi advising me to monitor it get back in touch if it happens again.

Car drives fine but can't help feeling that this could be a recurring problem or maybe I am just being paranoid ????

Anyway enjoy being a dad -- it makes it all worthwhile

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers fellas!!!

Definitely the best feeling in the world :D

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Back on topic!!! :)

Any more issues Shakey?

I'm booking my car in tomorrow or wednesday (its still driving fine, although its not been very far in the past 10 days) and it would be nice to tell them what it might be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Booster ,

No problems since getting the car back last week .:D

Have just been up to Leeds and back today c160 miles total ---absolutely fine and over 45mpg without hanging about.

Hope they sort yours out . If they come up with anything , it would be good to know just in case mine plays up again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Booster ,

No problems since getting the car back last week .:D

Have just been up to Leeds and back today c160 miles total ---absolutely fine and over 45mpg without hanging about.

Hope they sort yours out . If they come up with anything , it would be good to know just in case mine plays up again.
Interested to see that both you and Booster had the same issue - maybe it's a Quartz Grey thing! :) I spent 3 hours at the dealer this morning and I'm sure that in the end, all they did was CNTRL + ALT + DEL !!!

Fingers crossed that it was a one off (though at least I got a free valet!).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts