Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
So, the car is a 2010 3.0 tdi with an S tronic gearbox.
When coming to a standstill, the car jolts forward slightly when it changes down from 2nd to 1st.
Ive had a gearbox service done and an ecu reset, and after the gearbox ecu reset it drove well for about a day, and then the day after it went back to doing the jolt again, gear changes are fine apart from this issue.
There is a subtle vibration I can feel underneath too, it was worse before the gearbox service, but it's still there, could it be something to do with the clutch?

Don't know if it's related, but sometimes I get a smell when at standstill, it's not motor oil, but almost like a spicy smell (sorry, but the only way I could describe it)
I've tried to read up, but struggling to find a definate solution, but I see other people have experienced this issue.
Would really appreciate your help.
Thabks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Iv had the same problem, slowing down for traffic lights, S tronic gearbox dropping gears slowly ( Best in sports mode ) but at 2 mph just before stop it changes into 1st and jolts, Iv been told its gearbox software and audi wont do nothing because my precious car is 10 years old. Shame on audi. Now planning on flashing gearbox my self so it engages 1st at 5 mph or stopped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I had my ecu reset by a local gearbox guy, and it was ok for about 10 miles and then it started playing up again, then after a few days it became very subtle, but still there, it almost feels like the clutch is on constant biting point.
On the FB pages, some people have suggested it may be the clutch, or the mecatronic unit. They then suggested I reverse it uphill, which I tried and it struggled. Does yours do that?
I'm up against the clock cos my warranty is about to run out, so I would like somat sorting, I like the car apart from this issue.
How would you do it yourself?
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts