Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had it on the rolling road at Team Valley Gateshead today,quite pleased with the results -- Engine Power 267 Hp at 4280 RPM Torque 403Lbs/ft 2915 RPM

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was this to a stock car or tuned, as 267bhp is much more than the standard 240bhp??
Car is almost standard? my mechanic who tunes my cars,says he has fitted "special racing spark plugs" tuned the carbs,and fettled the points/timing.

All I know is that it goes very fast,and still averages 47-48 mpg:)

Do you think Audi UK/dealers read these forums??

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Car is almost standard? my mechanic who tunes my cars,says he has fitted "special racing spark plugs" tuned the carbs,and fettled the points/timing.

:confused:
audilad,
I'm not sure whether you're pulling everyone's leg - carbs, points and spark plugs in a diesel engine?:confused:
I presume you've had it chipped as 267bhp is considerably more than the standard 240PS that Audi quote, or was it stock? If so, you've got a good one there!
If chipped, which manufacturer did you use? There's another thread in the A5 Performance & Mods forum where a couple of people went for the MTM chip, but it's an additional chip with a wiring loom, and also pretty expensive at over a grand. I've tried asking Superchips if they're going to do a Bluefin device for the A5, but no reply each time I contact them.
Any further info on what you had done would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

Hmm, spark plugs? What spark plugs? :p

I believe that those results are inaccurate. The operator must have used the wrong ratios.

If it is as you say (almost standard), then there's no way that it can achieve those figures. Both seem to be a bit over.

I think you should ask for it to be dyno'd again, for free.

How did they arrive at the ratio used for the A5? Did the dyno learn at 3000RPM?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got to laugh...this got me for a second, but it's a report left over from April 1st!
Outside temperature 36.3 degrees, spark plugs, carbs, fettle, points etc., etc.,
Noah had a better engine in his ark....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts