Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had the call and I CAN'T WAIT :D

I'm going down to see Graham and the boys on Wednesday 14th Jan to see what he can do with this Wonderful Machine !!!

I'm hoping another couple of guys will be coming down aswell, i believe Someone is booked in already but not sure Who ??

From my brief discussions they say it's been tested and trialed in Germany and with some tuning should Produce around an additional 40 hp and 100 torc :cool:

Now all i have to do is try and forget about it for a week - easier said than Done...... deano

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have the Sanspeed KOCH Tuning Box Already Billy, this is the Full Re-Map at last :)

I certainly shall keep you Posted !!!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
excellent news :) keep us posted! find out all the details you can, like boost pressure etc!
cant wait to hear the reports :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure will Kenny... What it does to the boost pressure will be very interesting, I'm hoping Graham and the guys will give us lots of info from the day !!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the Day is Approaching Fast now...... I have just dropped my car off at the Stealers for a new seat Cover, they are doing a Couple of Software updates which will mess up my Light settings :( so by the Looks of it i will be Buying a VAG-Com Cable Today...

AND... They tell me they have to check the Fuel System and replace a Pipe - Oppppsssss, I haven't taken the Tune box Off, i wonder if they will spot it

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Noooooooooooooooooooo

Audi have rang and they say there is a Problem with the Fuel Pipe near the Fuel rail, something to do with a Solanoid or something, now he has seen it he can't release the car till it's fixed - I hope this has nothing to do with the Tuning Box

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooo

Audi have rang and they say there is a Problem with the Fuel Pipe near the Fuel rail, something to do with a Solanoid or something, now he has seen it he can't release the car till it's fixed - I hope this has nothing to do with the Tuning Box
Hope you removed the box off prior to putting the car in for the service?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I forgot, it was only going in for a seat cover and Software updates !!!! :eek:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well i picked my Car up Today, all the bits Done and No Problems, one thing did seem strange, they did 2 software updates yet My VAG settings did not get erased !!!!! How strange is that ??? And it's just typical that my Cable comes Tomorrow.........

Early start in the Morning to get over to Graham and the Guys, should be a great day :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well i picked my Car up Today, all the bits Done and No Problems, one thing did seem strange, they did 2 software updates yet My VAG settings did not get erased !!!!! How strange is that ??? And it's just typical that my Cable comes Tomorrow.........

Early start in the Morning to get over to Graham and the Guys, should be a great day :D
And its really good news. I am getting new wheel on saturday and also fuel pipes check and software update- so I was worried if they gonna wipe out my remap etc.. but looks like update itself isnt too dangerous. Good news. Thanks Dbs2

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Your Welcome Rino :)

I was a tad surprised as a few S5's have been in... DoubleDoom for one i think, and they Wiped their VAG changes..... BUT their Re-Map was untouched !!!

Maybe my Dealer sorted it for me, as i asked him a couple of times if it was really necessary for the 2 updates, then i tried to buy and Borrow a Vag cable from him..... he told me to not worry about it !!!!!

Good Luck with Yours !!!!

deano

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also GRANTSHELLS

Hi don't know where to upload this but the car drove better on the road than the graph shows also it was only running on normal unleaded! Super unleaded in particular Shell V Power or Tesco 99 should show more top end power!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi DBS2 thanks for your help today please give me some feedback to tell other members the difference between module and remap.
Question, I'm not sure did I converted it right. Well so +120 lb/ft = 162.51 Nm, is that mean this happy man got 662.51 Nm ?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OMG !!!!

What can i say Graham but WOW !!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Whats the different between the box and the remap like then Deano?

Looks like one hell of a jump in the torque compared to the box. Your traction control light will be blowing soon with that much torque lol!!

Think you should get the airfilter and exhaust now :)

Cant wait for some videos of you embarrasing the S5 at santa pod :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Right..... Erm...

When i got the Temp KOCH box put on before Christmas i was very impressed, The simple installation/removal and the improved HP/Torque was Superb for the costs being asked. The Box did make the car more responsive and the extra Umph was very Enjoyable :cool:

But today Graham and the boys at Sanspeed performed incredibly, The first Re-Map gave similar HP gains as the Box but for Some reason Practically no additional Torque - Graham was not happy with results so the boys set to work manipulating the maps. When the new map was uploaded to the car, I think everybody's Jaws Dropped with the results, I was so impressed with the first run on the Dyno (with the Second Re-map) 289.1hp and 504lbft Torque, some more minor alterations were carried out to smooth out the curves a tad more till we got were we see on the Dyno Above... Graham took the car out for a test drive to put the car through it's paces, underload, uphill and All gears Etc.... Well, IT's BLINKING UNBELIEVABLE :D The response from the Pedal is so SO much better, virtually instant, The Power/Torque you feel when you put your foot down in any gear now is Astonishing (and i really mean that)......

The drive home, despite the dark and fog was a pure pleasure, it really does feel like a different Car..... God i can't wait for a Clear Dry Day !!!!

Rating/Summery The KOCH Tuning box bought a new lease of life to the Car and was a Great Addition after a few months of getting used to the car and then wanting more power than that comes as Stock..... BUT the Sanspeed Re-Map is Just nothing short of Fabulous, to be honest No Comparison what so ever, if you want The Best the 3.0tdi can give you, the Re-map IS the way to go - and certainly with no Regrets !!!!!

Thanks to Graham, Martin and PowerHell for performing such a transformation !!!!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts