Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m pleased to be able to let you know that the Milltek cat back exhaust is now available for the A5 3.0 TDI. They are going into production in the next week and we will have stock from the 28th of July onwards.

The RRP is £695 INC VAT and plus fitting however we will be happy to offer special price on this as with the S5 system if we receive over five orders for this. The price we propose is £595 INC VAT and including fitting. The finish is as per the picture below and a video of Milltek’s A5 with the cat back system can be found here, please note it is cat back not turbo back as the title suggests:

http://www.autops.co.uk/html/audi_a5.html

Please register any interest below.

Kind regards,

Ed

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Yes please, count me in.

I would like the remap done at the same time so I'll book when it's available. Hopefully we can get 5 or more 3.0 TDi owners interested and do another club meet at APS.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Ed, fantastic news, Im in.

Both the cat back, and re-map, but i wont be able to compleate till the Middle to end of September, as im hoping (very hard!!) to take delivery 1st week in Sept.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just curious - is this exhaust suitable for the 2.7TDi or is it for the 3 litre plant only?

If it is OK for the 2.7, I'd be interested to know the benefits of fitting such a system. Can you advise please?

Cheers
Plob

·
Registered
171 Posts
What are the main benefits of such a system on a diesel? Is it more power (the last time I swapped exhausts was a long time ago, and bhp benefits on a 1.3 Golf weren't up to much!) then aural? I can't imagine an exhaust doing much to improve the sound?

I'm also interested in the re-mapping. Currently have a Tunit module but would be interested to sample difference between that and a 'proper' re-tune.

Any special deals for getting both done at the same time?

:)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Cheap advertising ...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ed,

I'll be looking to get the KW2s, spacers, exhaust and remap done. Any chance you've got a free slot on the 28th? It's my Birthday, and would make for a sweet present! ;o)

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
What are the main benefits of such a system on a diesel? Is it more power (the last time I swapped exhausts was a long time ago, and bhp benefits on a 1.3 Golf weren't up to much!) then aural? I can't imagine an exhaust doing much to improve the sound?:)
Hi there Prhim - essentially the three main benefits of an exhaust replacement are aesthetic, aural and power-related. Dealing with the last one first, it's rare for an exhaust manufacturer to make specific claims about power increases, particularly for a cat-back system (although some do). It also seems to be rare for manufacturers to perform before/after dyno tests and hence be able to provide actual data. A good rule of thumb, without touching the cat which is where the real gains are to be made in terms of improving engine breathing capability, is about 5-7% power increase but it depends on the engine.

Believe me, changing the exhaust changes the sound! In fact, it's the second most compelling reason for me to have changed exhausts on all my recent cars. Removing a silencer/muffler or two, changing airflow patterns, etc, either releases and/or modifies the sound of the engine exhaust and having heard the Milltek 3.0 Tdi in the flesh, I can vouch for the fact that it sounds nothing short of fantastic!

Finally aesthetics (being quite shallow, my number 1 driver for exhaust upgrades!). IMO, the Milltek tailpipe/valance treatment for the 3.0 looks tremendous and adds real muscularity to the car.

Go for it - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the difference merely changing a bit of steel tubing can make to your car!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Will have the exhaust - would like to meet with others to decide on other mods - any dates - assuming it will have to be a weekday for a meet?

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
OK, in an effort to get this thread back into the public eye, I have complied a list of those A5 3.0 TDi owners that expressed an interest in the Milltek exhaust and/or remap and/or spacers & springs - or indeed any combination of the aforementioned.

From this thread we have the following interested in the Milltek:

REB_A5 - Milltek & Remap
ramy7 - Milltek & possible others bits
timbotdi - the full monty
Bungle2822 - Milltek & Remap (during tail end of September)

From previous threads, the following also expressed an interest:

JenButMad
SDU
scratch113
mattiea5
markus
kenny

The following expressed interest in mods but not the Milltek:

Billythefish - Spacers & Springs.

So far, it appears that we need at least one more A5 3.0 TDi owner from the second list to commit to the Milltek and we have the generous discount offered by Ed.

Also, if we want to make this a club meet event, we need to come up with a suitable date. Ed has already said that the next available Saturday is 30 August. However, weekdays are available (presumably) but I appreciate that this may not be possible for many of you. For me either a Monday or Thursday any time from 11 Aug onwards would be ideal.

So, what do you all think - do we try and organise a club meet - which of course would include those S5 owners that wish to join in (once they sort out their second mortgages for their petrol :D)?

Let's hear your thoughts guys and gals - please.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So, what do you all think - do we try and organise a club meet - which of course would include those S5 owners that wish to join in (once they sort out their second mortgages for their petrol :D)?

Let's hear your thoughts guys and gals - please.
I'd be happy to pop down again but will struggle to get to another weekday meet. May get the KWs dropped a little further at the front while there.

Incidentally, anyone wanting a set of H&R springs offering a 25mm drop please PM me. They were on my car for about 700 miles before I changed to the coilovers. Ed at APS assures me they will fit the A5.

·
Registered
80 Posts
can't really get much from the video with regards the sound... all i hear is more like a lot of road noise ... for thoose who have seen it in the flesh... is the sound now more boomy in general.... or is it it more harsh ?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
What are the main benefits of such a system on a diesel? Is it more power (the last time I swapped exhausts was a long time ago, and bhp benefits on a 1.3 Golf weren't up to much!) then aural? I can't imagine an exhaust doing much to improve the sound?

I'm also interested in the re-mapping. Currently have a Tunit module but would be interested to sample difference between that and a 'proper' re-tune.

Any special deals for getting both done at the same time?

:)
'
I think you'll find that a high-flow exhaust on a turbo car (even a diesel) makes a much bigger power difference, especially when coupled with a remap. This is because with better flow, the turbo can spool-up more quickly and at lower revs, allowing the remap to add extra boost earlier and even more boost at max power... my old 2.7 bi-turbo made 250bhp out of the factory, 295 bhp with a remap, 315 with remap and cat-back and 340 if you added the hi-flow cats too. Although this engine was particularly good for tuning with two light-pressure turbos.

If you're going for the exhaust, definately go for the remap to get the most out of it... and vice versa!

·
Registered
186 Posts
How can I order from Sweden? And how much is shipping to Stockholm..

If a date is set, I might be OK with actually driving all the way to England. :D Only 1,243 miles one way... (google map)

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
How can I order from Sweden? And how much is shipping to Stockholm..
You'll probably better off sending a PM to [email protected] direct as he will probaly reply quicker.

If a date is set, I might be OK with actually driving all the way to England. :D Only 1,243 miles one way... (google map)
Now that would be one heck of a road trip! :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
sorry i am interested but not at the moment and the drive down may be a bit far for an exhaust :(

for those who have heard it, is it much louder than OE system?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ed, last I saw in these threads, APS was working on an exhaust for the 3.2L engine. Any updates on this?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
MMmmm I'm so tempted.... even though i'm leasing with buy option :rolleyes: !!! What was the price for the Exhaust and Re-Map.... did i miss it ??

1 - 20 of 132 Posts