Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I have recently bought a 2009 A5 3,0 TDI Quattro Sport with 65,000 miles and a full Audi history and am looking to have it remapped. I have done done some reading and am expecting a decent remap to produce around anther 50 BHP and 100 NM Torque.

The main question I have is around who to use. There seems to be MASSIVE price difference for many companies offering what on the face of it seems a very similar product....

I have looked at and spoken with SA tuning in Bishop Stortford on the Essex boarder, Jabba sport in Peterborough, The TT shop in Bedford (Revo), and VRS in Northampton who use an APR map.

Does anyone have and advice / recommendations regarding this? VRS appear to be the only one that has a 4wd rolling road - their total cost for two runs, map and printout is £600. everyone else is coming in between £289 and £450.

Thanks in advance for you knowledge and input.

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
349 Posts
Revo's headquarters are in Daventry.
They Do all there research and development there
.They don't have a mapping facility available. That is done through there dealer network

·
Sponsor
2,383 Posts
Haven't used them, but I've heard plenty of good things from jabbasport. Personally not into the idea of generic remaps like Revo etc.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
If you are down in the South East region, try messaging Bobby Singh!

He has in-depth knowledge and has got about 320-330bhp from a standard 3.0 TDI. His 3.0 TDI is running 505bhp, so he kinda knows what he is doing! :)

To me when mappers charge in excess of £300, they are just ripping you off, unless for that they are doing live custom mapping. Most will be an off the shelf map with some minor tweaks.

I paid £350 for my remap, with rolling road before and after, plus a few tweaks - 310bhp and 643Nm. It was cheaper than normal as I had my A4 done with them previously.

·
Registered
573 Posts
As Dawe mentioned your best option is getting in touch with Bobby he's your man for tdi's

·
Registered
440 Posts
+1 for Bobby Singh

He's West London way, but knows his stuff and has a pretty solid reputation.

He's on here, likely to pop up eventually - or you could DM him.
I'm planning a trip down to him myself.

·
Registered
421 Posts
+2 for Bobby, I plan on getting a remap by him soon too
+3 for BSR- super pleased with mine.. Bobby's based in old Windsor & you will be in very good hands.
I'm booked in for a dyno on 19th so will update what Bobby got for me then, now that I'm finally back on summer tyres.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think AMD (by lakeside shopping centre) do a remap with rolling road for £400. I took my TT there a few years back.
I've got my 2013 3.0 TDI Booked in at AMD tomorrow.
Still £400. They dyno it before and after the remap.
They've been around for years and I've heard many a good word about them.
Will see for myself when I pick her back up!

·
Registered
83 Posts

Let me know how you get on! Is yours an s-tronic gearbox?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Let me know how you get on! Is yours an s-tronic gearbox?

Yes mine S-tronic. Here's the results for you!
There car feels so amazing to be honest! It's a lot more responsive and just keeps pulling and pulling! I think the 0-60 times posted here are without using launch control so I imagine it will be fairly quicker than that with launch control used.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
There car feels so amazing to be honest! It's a lot more responsive and just keeps pulling and pulling! I think the 0-60 times posted here are without using launch control so I imagine it will be fairly quicker than that with launch control used.

Nice! Sounds like a £400 well spent! Have you got any other engine mods or just the remap so far?

·
Registered
23 Posts

Nice! Sounds like a £400 well spent! Have you got any other engine mods or just the remap so far?
That's all I've had done so far.
I think I'm going to leave it at that to be honest.
Fuel economy on a long motorway run is ridiculous I did 300 miles at 52mpg. Couldn't believe it.
When on a short run and booting it more often it can drink diesel though!

·
Registered
421 Posts
BSR custom remap results

Could you let me/us know what you get? I’m planning on a Bobby trip ASAP
OK, so I was booked in at SRR first thing today with my (stock CCWA 240hp) 3.0TDI quattro after a BSR custom remap (including S-tronic remap & swirl-flaps delete) also have Stainless catback exhaust with back boxes removed, K&N air filter with butterfly removed + Silicone airbox Turbo Intake Pipe fitted), so at 14 degrees ambient temp and with V-Power in the tank my BSR results show 333hp/ 570 ft lb & 770 N m.

Charlie said 'Bobby's signature is no smoke at all- he knows how to deliver the power without using any excess fuel'.

I couldn't be more pleased- the results just confirm the sheer joy of driving this machine, which is still averaging around 45mpg, even with plenty of power bursts..:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Could you let me/us know what you get? I’m planning on a Bobby trip ASAP
OK, so I was booked in at SRR first thing today with my (stock CCWA 240hp) 3.0TDI after a BSR custom remap (including S-tronic remap & swirl-flaps delete) also have Stainless catback exhaust with back boxes removed, K&N air filter with butterfly removed + Silicone airbox Turbo Intake Pipe fitted), so at 14 degrees ambient temp and with V-Power in the tank my BSR results show 333hp/ 570 ft lb & 770 N m.

Charlie said 'Bobby's signature is no smoke at all- he knows how to deliver the power without using any excess fuel'.

I couldn't be more pleased- the results just confirm the sheer joy of driving this machine, which is still averaging around 45mpg, even with plenty of power bursts..<a href="http://www.a5oc.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thumbsup" >:)</a>

That's pretty impressive!

Why buy a stock S5 when you can do a few simple mods on an A5 diesel and get similar numbers!

·
Registered
Audi S5 Black Edition Mrc Stage 2
349 Posts
Why buy a stock S5 when you can do a few simple mods on an A5 diesel and get similar numbers!
I agree that is impressive,but a stock S5 with similar mods can make more power than a stock RS5 depending on the tuning company you use.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree that is impressive,but a stock S5 with similar mods can make more power than a stock RS5 depending on the tuning company you use.
Never really thought about it that way.
However if I was to buy an S5 same year and mileage as my 3.0 TDI, I would of had to spent an extra 5-6 thousand.
I spent £400 on a remap and I'm now 30ish bhp off a stock S5.
Totally agree with what you're saying though. If I had the extra £5000 to spend I would of gone for the S5

1 - 20 of 26 Posts