Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just got the V5 for my A5 through and it lists the g/km as 191 - yet the audi web site says 172 g/km. Searching on the web it appears that there was a switch in outputs around march 2008 in the UK - is this true and if so have a be sold a very old vehicle???

Thanks

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Have just got the V5 for my A5 through and it lists the g/km as 191 - yet the audi web site says 172 g/km. Searching on the web it appears that there was a switch in outputs around march 2008 in the UK - is this true and if so have a be sold a very old vehicle???

Thanks
Yours must be an old one. Audi reduced it to 172 in June I think. Few old ones around being sold with an extra £750 discount.

Cheers

RG
PS Mine was built Mid Sept and is a 172, better economy + 3mpg or so and cheaper road tax. Dealer should have told you IMHO.. Cheers
RG:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers. I think I might visit the dealer - was in the situation of a car in the dealership or wait and order one - was told that they were identical if I could live with the spec.... clearly they aren't so will have a chat see how the dealer will compensate me - do 25,000 miles a year so an extra 3mg would add up to around 28 gallons a year (am currently averaging 41 mpg having with 2K on the clock) - so I guess it will cost me an extra 250 a year or so with road tax fuel etc - that got to be worth a fair bit (especially as this is my 9th car from the group in as many years)

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I guess the Audi dealer incentive to clear some old stock of an extra £750 is pretty fair, trouble with the one I was offered it was missing some of the bits I wanted, PArk Plus, AMI,Dab yet had expensive 20in wheels which I like but don't think are worth £900 over the 19in Y spokes. Good luck..

RG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks +++

Thanks for the link - I did search but clearly not well enough!

My spec is:
3.0 Sport
pearl blue
valcona leather black
20" 2 spoke
cruise
sat nav
phone prep high
AMI
B&O
Heated front seats
Auto dim rear view mirror
Black headlining
tracker
DAB

I was happy with all the above spec and the only additonal spec I would have added would have been audi park plus but I was happy to compromise to get the car then and there.

Interestingly Audi haven't updtaed their configurator which still reads 191 whilst the brochure reads 172!

Anyway thanks for your support - given that the dealer stated the vehicles would be identical I am sure that I will be able to have a constructive chat...

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
What do these 2 spoke wheels look like then?:confused::D:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
It's not just a software update. The EU5 version has an uprated injection system (1800 bar) & optimized turbo.

Makes me wonder what the difference wil be after chiptuning... it should make a difference.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
No, all 3.0TDI have 1800 bar fuel pressure,there are 2 versions of 3.0TDI CAPA, CCWA. CAPA - EURO 4 plus and EU5, CCWA EU5.

There are different turbos during production, with design changes, but the parameters are the same, I think.

EU5 engines have better consumption. Every engine can be recoded via VCDS for EU4 plus or EU5.
I am going to try difference in consumption after recoding to EU5.

The Question is, why are not all engines coded for EU5?

·
Registered
58 Posts
No, all 3.0TDI have 1800 bar fuel pressure,there are 2 versions of 3.0TDI CAPA, CCWA. CAPA - EURO 4 plus and EU5, CCWA EU5.
Your answer sounds very convincing to me, are you an Audi technician or something? :D
Anyways, it's wasn't easy to find detailed info on the 2007 3.0TDI, the only thing I could find was this: http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/b8-a4-in-depth/engines/

Fuel injection on the V6 TDI engine is by a third-generation common-rail system with eight-hole injectors. It operates at a high pressure (up to 1650 bar, and equivalent to the entire weight of the car resting on a surface only one square centimetre in area), which ensures even finer atomisation of the fuel, better mixture formation and more efficient combustion.
The Question is, why are not all engines coded for EU5?
That's very strange indeed... i can imagine Audi was too early adopting the EU5 regulation. But the CO2 output has changed as well. Why not update all capable cars? That's not logical. :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts