Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bored this afternoon and dusted off my Gtech performance meter.

Did 2 runs and achived 6.1secs and 5.8secs 0-60 times not bad considering 20Degrees and also 3/4 of a tank.

Pretty close to the manufact figures that I know the BMW drivers find hard to believe.

and my wife R32 could only manage 6.3secs

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting info... How were you driving through the gears? 1st-2nd-3rd... or Dump the Clutch-2nd-3rd?

A lot of the magazine / online reviews quote around 6.4s, but you get the impression they were mixing porridge with their gear changes!

T

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3k and dumped it.

I dont know what reviewers do, my car has done a little more than 2k so not really run in as well.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Finally someone who had done less than 6 seconds.......niiiiice. :D
Do you think you can measure 0-100MPH?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Give it a go and let you know.

As I said I reckon it would be quicker if the air was more dense and less fuel.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Give it a go and let you know.

As I said I reckon it would be quicker if the air was more dense and less fuel.
Awesome! Thanks mate!
I wish I could order this G-Tech thingy over here.:)

·
Registered
442 Posts
In Spain only one Car Magazine was able to get 5,9 second from 0 to 100 kms/h, so you are a good "starter", hehehe...
Others got between 6,1 and even 6,6 seconds, but on the last one testers are quite "fresh"...

What would be good is to try from still to 1000ms, because here in Spain best mag time was 25,9 seconds, and the others were between that and even 27,1 seconds (again the same "fresh" testers...).

·
Registered
58 Posts
FYI, you cannot rev it higher than 3800 rpm, the rev limiter will kick in early. Basically, to make the launch easier, you can press the pedal to the metal (don't worry, it will rev constantly @3800 rpm) and then dump the clutch whenever you like, trust me on this, it will help getting to 60 under 6 seconds. :D

What amazes me is that no one seems to know about this feature... ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.