Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Got a service done last september on my 3.0TDI, the 19,000 mile service which involves the oil change - the pricey service.

Now, the computer's telling me that the 26,000 service (Inspection - not oil change) is due. I called Glasgow Audi who have told me that there's no such thing as a 26,000mile service for the A5, and that it may be a computer glitch.

Has anyone else had this, or have they indeed had a 26,000mile service on their 3.0TDI?

I believe it should be a brake service, but the brake indicator hasn't came on yet.

·
Registered
821 Posts
How Much was the Service Please Rab ??

Mine will be due in 4k !!!!

deano

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think if you have had a 19000 FULL service assuming your driving style stays broadly similar that's all you should need for about another 19000 miles. The oil/inspection split (I believe) applies to low annual mileage vehicles. I used to last 18 months or 15k miles on my old 3.0V6 A4

Looking at your post it seems you have a modified motor in which case normal rules don't apply, I think you are on your own!

Hope this helps.

RG

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think if you have had a 19000 FULL service assuming your driving style stays broadly similar that's all you should need for about another 19000 miles. The oil/inspection split (I believe) applies to low annual mileage vehicles. I used to last 18 months or 15k miles on my old 3.0V6 A4
Cheers RGBArgee :)
Looking at your post it seems you have a modified motor in which case normal rules don't apply, I think you are on your own!

Hope this helps.

RG
Not really

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hope this helps.

RG

What that @ me or dbs2?

I'm taking the car to Audi on monday afternoon. They're going to have a look at why it's looking for a service inspection. The car's not modified at all... if that was aimed at me.

dbs2... my 19,000mile service was £304. A bit more expensive than others have paid, for some reason. An international marque with service prices varing +/- £60!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same prob here....

Have one at 19000 - I had to take it back and get the service comp reset (again) as after 4000 miles it was telling me I needed another service. Its still not right though - now the service comp says I need my next service in ....36000 miles. Also the oil service part has disappeared.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Cheers Rab :)

So that means i should try and push my Audi garage down to about £250.00 which sounds Ok to me!!!

Rab said:
What that @ me or dbs2?
@ you i think :D

Sorry for thread hijack... i'll leave it with you

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Buy the oil in the parts department and get them to put it in often saves a bit.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I noticed on my display that there are 2 types of service due, the oil change and the service
Display currently shows
Next Oil change 6500 miles / 330 days
Next Service 11100 miles / 863 days
Car mileage is currently 8150

If I have the oil change in 6500 miles do I need another service 4600 miles later as this would be the 11100 miles indicated above.
Surely that cant be right :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in at the stealer today and they told me that the additional "service inspection" is a glitch in the car's software. The 19,000mile service is sufficient, and it doesn't need a 25,000mile service.

So, they updated the software on the car and reset the service meter. However, both service times still aren't matching. One is showing 12,000miles, and the other approx 19,000. So come 19,000 miles, i'll be in getting my meter reset AGAIN.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts