Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone mentioned to me that I seem to have had a lot of 'Coupe' cars in my long life (Ford Capri/ Opel Manta in 70's). When he was my age Dad even had Capris. Anyone else reckon the A5/S5 is a revisit of an old concept?

Much much better though!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Well its got two doors like a Capri, 4 wheels like a Capri and a er some seats in the back for people with short thin legs but apart from that I don't see it as a 21st Century reincarnation of a car that would struggle to get round a corner without its arse overtaking it. Coupe's as a concept have been around for years. I love the look of the new Laguna Coupe and at its price perhaps that is closer to a modern day Capri.

·
Registered
147 Posts
a car that would struggle to get round a corner without its arse ovetaking it.
LOL :D:D:D

Perfect description !!

What fun to drive..if you can keep it on the road.
A Capri is like xmas decorations...you see them wrapped around a tree :eek:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Maybe the new Ford Capri will be the, erm, new Ford Capri ... ?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220956/reborn_capri.html

My Dad had one in the 70's. A sort of metallic lime green with some strange vinyl roof and an aerodynamic internal clock. We thought we were so cool standing on the centre console and sticking our heads out of the roof @ 50mph ... you'd get locked up for less these days.

This thread probably lives in the Driver's Lounge ... in fact I think I've posted about Capris there before so a merge might be in order TX?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not seen that before, must have been reading Autocar too much.

I think that actually looks rather nice, not sure metallic lime green and the vinyl roof treatment would work though!

I'll stick with my Audis thanks...

RG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts