Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to see how to enable Green Menu (GEM) on new A5 B9.5 with MIB3 touch screen MMI. And commands for screenshots, and System Reset.

Is the process to enable Green Menu (GEM) still the same on B9.5 MIB3 cars, where VCDS is used to access Module 5F, Secure Login S12345, Adaptation Channel "IDE02122-Developer mode", and set to Activated?

Once enabled in 5F, on older MIB2 platform you accessed Green Menu by simultaneously pressing NAV/MAP left button upwards and RADIO right button upwards. What about MIB3 with no buttons only a touch screen?

Also, System Reset on older MIB2 platform by simultaneously pressing NAV/MAP left button upwards, RADIO right button upwards, PushKnob pressed too. What about MIB3 with no buttons only a touch screen?

And Screenshot by simultaneously pressing NAV/MAP left button upwards and PushKnob pressed too. What about MIB3 with no buttons only a touch screen?

I found instructions on how to access Red Engineering Menu on B9.5 MIB3, by using two fingers touching near the top right of the touch screen and holding pressed for few seconds. On older MIB2, this was done by simultaneously pressing both NAV/MAP left button upwards and MEDIA right button downwards.

Hope somebody can help!

Thanks!

· Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For info, it looks like the Green Menu is no longer available on MIB3 touch screen units.

Many parts are locked out by "FEC" (Feature Enablement Code) as VAG move to "pay for use" business model.

Basically, VAG are now building cars with features that are disabled or only available on separate subscription so subsequent owners of a car can choose their options and only pay for the ones they desire.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this thread has gone dormant for a while and wondered if anyone had made any progress on this issue?

I have a 2022 Q5 and of course the old method of accessing the green menu no longer works. However, considering what we know about the manufacturing process that occurs it would seem unlikely VAG has removed the green menu entirely in MIB3. If that was the case, then the process of car specification would have to had changed in a major way in the last 2 years.

Therefore, it would seem likely that the green menu does still exist (perhaps in a protected state) but could be accessible by another method? Of course I am looking for access for the obvious reasons, but am fairly new to this tech.

On a side note, I have a premium model and would like to unlock midrange EQ and subwoofer adjustments for my car audio as stock model only allows bass/treble changes yet top trim allows many more. It seems like these features should be able to be unlocked via the green screen only...unless anyone has another idea??

Could a swap code be applied via the red engineering Menu that would enable said features like premium audio functions (eq settings adjustments)?

Thanks for all your work on this!

DoctorT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.