Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time on here so forgive me if this topic has been done before. I'm just about to sign up for a 2019 Black Edition. When I viewed the car at the dealership (in daylight) I could only see ambient lighting behind the interior door handles. I know the car hasn't got the extended LED pack but what ambient lighting does it have as standard? I thought it would have some (in white) in the door cards, on the side of the centre console, in the cup holders and in footwells. Do these come on when it's dark and the headlights are on or should they be on all the time?
Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2018 A5 S line Coupe without extended lighting option and my ambient lighting only comes on when the Auto light sensors kick in or I select the outside lights on. The areas you describe do light up. There are a 3, I think there are 3 set choices, red, blue & white plus another where you can select from a spectrum. I can select footwell colours & brightness to be different from the trim lighting on this option.
I cant say for sure whether you will have vouch you will have the same options.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Les, are you sure your car doesn’t have extended LED lighting? I say this because my 2018 sportback DOES have extended LED and I has the three colour system you describe, nothing more. My understanding is the non extended vehicles only have one colour. Unless of course this all changed after my car was built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts