Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Used to be on this forum years ago and have come back. I own a B9 RS5 and like many of you have been waiting so long for the ability to flash tune the Ecu.

With the introduction of Autotuner's new module I'm not wasting any time. I am getting a custom tune by Etuners in Sydney and I'm sharing the journey. So any questions you may have I will answer or try to find the answers for you.

Currently the car is a stock tune coupe. Full carbon options including roof with some minor upgrades.

All 3 resonators removed, KW adjustable springs and a set of Brixton Forged CM10+ Ultrasports wheels and Michelin 4S tyres.

Wheels are 20x10.5" front and rear with 20 285 30s with slight stretch. View attachment _DSC4162 (1).jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Quarter Mile

I ran the quarter mile over a year ago with the setup as detailed in the above post.

First try didn't launch with enough revs as the car revs quickly to 2500 RPM then slowly climbs to the proper 3500 you're meant to launch at resulting in an 11.7 second pass.

Second run I loaded her up to 3500 and did an 11.667.

Video link below :

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now as part of a new video series I'll be sharing, I'll show the process and results. First video made shows the car on the dyno to determine the baseline with stock power.
Result was 260kw / 349hp at the wheels. Only a couple of Kws variations between hot and warm so very consistent. Also noticed that there is plenty of boost left on the table so good potential.

They have read the cars file and are currently developing the tune which they believe will be ready in a week or two.

Video link below :

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update. The car is booked in for the 29th and 30th of August for the tuning.

The guys from Etuners have had the file for a week so far and are using the time to thoroughly investigate the new Autotuner product and all of the ECU codes it has access to. Being a brand new product on the market I think all tuners will be cautious on their first tunes.

I am keen to see the results and I'm sure there will be a few ongoing tweeks as we test and log the upgrade.

If you have any questions, please let me know and I will try to find answers. I'm also interested to see how anyone else using the Autotuner product is going with their tuners.

Can't deny that I'm a little excited.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look forward to the results. I was planning on purchasing the MTM M-Cantronic piggyback unit
From what I've been told by several sources is that the Ecu in our cars self adapt so with some piggybacks the Ecu will detect additional boost and fuel, etc then adjust its internal mapping to achieve the original settings. This means reducing the output to compensate for the piggybacks increase.

Heard to be true with some but not all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts