Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago my oil light came on while driving. It said add a quart but I could keep driving. Went the next morning to have oil changed. Correct amount added. Light came on again same day. Goes off when I open hood and shut it. No indication of oil loss in garage or parking spot at office. Audi store says they can look at it in 2 weeks. Out of warranty. I am guessing it is either the oil level sensor in the pan or the sensor in the hood latches. Any way of testing on my end? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be the microswitch on the bonnet latch. You can test it by shorting the two wires on the switch and see if the fault clears.
Thank you! Videos I have seen online suggest the same thing, but they all show when the switch is bad it will not show an open hood on the indicator on the dash. I sure do wish they just put a dipstick in the car lol.

·
Premium Member
2,429 Posts
You can purchase an fit a normal dipstick mate, which I did just for peace of mind. Order thro the official dealer (stealer) network and they will ask you for your VIN number. Then they tell you that you CANNOT fit one so proceed at your own risk. I did and guess what?? Yes, it fits perfectly when you remove the plug, happy days!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts