Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone had to replace the boot struts on a B9 sportback? Audi want nearly £900 and struggling to find anyone else who can get hold of the parts. The boot when open has been dropping a few inches for a while, and now does not always close when pressing the button so needs closed manually.

·
Registered
S5 2010 cab
31 Posts
Hey, has anyone had to replace the boot struts on a B9 sportback? Audi want nearly £900 and struggling to find anyone else who can get hold of the parts. The boot when open has been dropping a few inches for a while, and now does not always close when pressing the button so needs closed manually.
Hey, check out MAGNETI MARELLI Tailgate strut in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/magneti-marelli/9739165

This what you’re after?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AUTODOC is definitely worth a punt, picked up a few things at vastly better prices. Can take a few days to arrive but easy compromise when paying that much less
Can’t find a part number on mine, but comparing the picture they don’t look the same. Could be worth a punt for £40 delivered though. My mechanic called round a few different parts companies he has used and none of them had the part listed.

·
Registered
S5 2010 cab
31 Posts
Can’t find a part number on mine, but comparing the picture they don’t look the same. Could be worth a punt for £40 delivered though. My mechanic called round a few different parts companies he has used and none of them had the part listed.
The difference in price makes me think it’s not but if it’s worth trying before a more expensive part just in case I guess so. Can’t be just Audi that supply it so must be cheaper somewhere

1 - 6 of 6 Posts