Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to retro fit the front PDC and rear sun shade/blind to 2016 Audi S5 premium plus. The parts for both retrofits were installed and wired to the Body Control module (8K0 907 064 KM) in the trunk, the switch on the dash and the On-board Supply Control Unit 8K0 907 063 DH under the dash. The rear sun shade/blind works when powered directly to a 12v source, but when trying to activate it in VCDS module 46, I get "coding rejected error 31 request out of range". Thus no movement using dash switch.

On the front PDC, I have activated the VCDS module 9, and get the optical display. When I use reverse gear or push the PDC button on the dash, I get the display, and also have the ability to change tone and volume for both front and rear sensors. I have searched and read all the various posts on the forums. Some people in Europe have gotten around the coding issue and activated the On-board Supply Control Unit 8K0 907 063 DH to recognize and power all 8 sensors.

Anyone out there know how to activate the module to see and power the 8 sensors? The On-board Supply Control Unit 8K0 907 063 DH can support both 4 and 8 channel parking sensors.

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to purchase a VCP from vag-tech.com and update the BCM1 to support 8 channel parking sensors. The Front PDC kit was purchased from Kufatec, but wired per Audi wiring diagrams. I do get errors on the front sensors, so I am now checking wiring of the sensors. Anyone have suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay. You need VCP not VCDS to activate the BCM1. You will also need the correct BCM module. So far on FL (2011-2016) cars, 8K0 907 063 DG, 8K0 907 063 DJ and 8K0 907 063 DL seem to work.

ALL PROGRAMMING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THINGS GO WRONG!!!!!

This is what I had to do:
1. Connected VCP cable to vehicle and load program.
2. Click Guided Functions
3. Select Apps on the right hand side
4. Select Upload Parameter Data in the list. Click Next.
5. Follow the instructions on the screen and click next until the configuration screen comes up.
6. Find 09 Central Electronics in the upper right list and selected it.
7. Click Open ZDC file on the left and navigate to your zdc folder in VCP's installation directory.
8. On my S5, selected file titled A5FL_BCM1_8k0907063,AX,Dx.zdc.
9. It will load all available data in the lower list and when you see all of the stuff in it.
10. Find the following line items: APS_CODING_8CH_COUPE_S5, APS_DRIVER_8CH_CAMERA and APS_SYSTEM_8CHANNEL. Hold your ctrl key and select all of them so they are highlighted.
11. Click upload Selected Data on the left side. Let it sit there and do its thing until it tells you it was successful. That should be it. You may have to go back into VCDS and fix coding under byte 35.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for delay. Still working on troubleshooting the rear sunshade. Unit works when directly connected to battery, but dash switch does not activate the rear sunshade. VCDS also does not accept clicking on sunshade option so something is not wired correctly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just finished retrofit of rear sunshade on my 2009. I have advanced key and adaptive cruise control, and almost all options (besides shade obviously)..
I did all wiring as per audi, it was pretty simple. One wire from the switch to pin 14 on the central electric unit, and two wires from the shade motor to pin 1&2 on comfort convenience module.
When I try to code module 46 for shade, I get error 31 data out of range.

Do you think we need a new central comfort unit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished retrofit of rear sunshade on my 2009. I have advanced key and adaptive cruise control, and almost all options (besides shade obviously)..
I did all wiring as per audi, it was pretty simple. One wire from the switch to pin 14 on the central electric unit, and two wires from the shade motor to pin 1&2 on comfort convenience module.
When I try to code module 46 for shade, I get error 31 data out of range.

Do you think we need a new central comfort unit?
Sorry for the late reply. I have not been on the site for quite for quite some time. I had the same issue when I tried to program the rear sunshade. I was told the BCM2 may not be compatible. Do you know what modules you have?
My BCM1 Module is 8K0 907 063 DH, and BCM2 module is 8K0 907 064 KM.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's the comfort convenience module that's the problem, mine was AG at the end.

Needs to be DS, AS, or CS to work.. CS is what audi sells as new now. This is for 2008-10, after that they change letters again.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sorry for the delay. You need VCP not VCDS to activate the BCM1.

ALL PROGRAMMING IS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THINGS GO WRONG!!!!!

5. Follow the instructions on the screen and click next until the configuration screen comes up.
7. Click Open ZDC file on the left and navigate to your zdc folder in VCP's installation directory.
9. It will load all available data in the lower list and when you see all of the stuff in it.
10. Find the following line items: APS_CODING_8CH_COUPE_S5 and APS_SYSTEM_8CHANNEL. Hold your ctrl key and select both of them so they are both highlighted.
11. Click upload Selected Data on the left side. Let it sit there and do its thing until it tells you it was successful. That should be it. You may have to go back into VCDS and fix coding under byte 35.
Great write up, will be trying this soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good luck getting the VCP to work with your S5. Please post where you purchased your hardware and software. version 5.5 or 5.6 did not work on my 2009 at all.
Would not read any controllers.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Audi A4/S4, A5/S5 front parking sensors retrofit solved!

Since this is something that a few people were trying to figure out, I decided to write up my personal experience. I have a 2016 Audi S5 premium plus, with technology package (Nav, CD/DVD, rear sensors and camera, side assist). I wanted to add front parking sensors, so I ended up buying a Front parking system retrofit kit 35717-1
(https://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/audi/a5/a5-8t/retrofit-kit-parking-system-aps-plus-audi-a5-8t-2012-navigation). With FL B8.5 cars (2011-2016) the rear parking sensors are wired to the BCM1 module under the driver's side dash vs the Pre FL B8 cars where it was wired to the BCM2 module in the trunk. The Kufatec kit follows the B8 wiring schematics.

I decide to keep everything factory, so I modified the Kufatec kit and just wired the front parking sensor harness to the BCM1 module. I then had to activate 8 channels on the BCM1 by flashing it using VCP.

If you want to source the parts directly from Audi, Here are the parts you will need:
BCM 1 module 8K0 907 063 DG, 8K0 907 063 DJ, or 8K0 907 063 DL (8 channel parameters activated via VCP)

Right side Dash switch (left hand drive vehicles):
ESP and PDC: 8K2 959 674 G V10
ESP, Rear sunshade and PDC: 8K2 959 674 J V10

Left side Dash switch (right hand drive vehicles):
ESP and PDC: 8K1 959 674 G V10
ESP, Rear sunshade and PDC: 8K1 959 674 J V10

Front Bumper parking sensor Wiring Harness: 8K0 971 095 D
Seals: 1T0 919 133 C (qty 4)
Sensors: 1S0 919 275 (qty 4)
Front Warning Buzzer: 8E0 919 279 (qty 1)
Rivet for Warning Buzzer: 7L6 868 307 (qty 1)
Wire connector for warning Buzzer: 4B0-972-623 (qty 1)
Mounting pads: 3C0 919 491 N (qty 4)
Outer Mounting Brackets: 3C5 919 491 M (qty 2)
Inner Mounting Brackets: 3C5 919 491 N (qty 2)
Wiring harness to BCM1 (or get the Kufatech kit and cannibalize the parts you need).

Basic Instructions:
Remove front bumper and drill the holes for the sensors.
Add the sensor brackets/mounting pads and sensors (painted to match your car) to the bumper
Plug the front bumper harness to the sensors and route the wire to the right side
Plug the front bumper harness to a wiring harness that will take it to the BCM1 module (you need 6 wires).
Follow Audi wiring diagrams and remove and replace instructions from Audi attached.
Install the buzzer and wire that to BCM1
Install Parking sensor switch and wire that to BCM1
Activate 8 channels on BCM1 using VCP (see post 5 above)
Activate parking sensor using VCDS in central electronics module 9 byte 35

On my 2016 Audi S5, everything works..ie front and rear sensor and rear camera activate (with optical display) when I put the car in reverse or when I press the PDC button on the dash. Sensors detect any obstructions and I can change tone and volume of both front and rear sensors on the MMI.

Thanks to David (DavidB8 Audizine), Steve (Eistee Audizine), Matthew (meb Audizine), Christopher (Mrclopec Ross-Tech Forums) for all their help and advice

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
zdc file for bcm1 unit...

Sorry for the delay. You need VCP not VCDS to activate the BCM1. You will also need the correct BCM module. So far on FL (2011-2016) cars, 8K0 907 063 DG, 8K0 907 063 DJ and 8K0 907 063 DL seem to work.

10. Find the following line items: APS_CODING_8CH_COUPE_S5, APS_DRIVER_8CH_CAMERA and APS_SYSTEM_8CHANNEL. Hold your ctrl key and select all of them so they are highlighted.
thank you very much for your write up and detailed infos!
i have an a4 b8.5 avant quattro. i just retrofited leather seats with heating, but my bcm1 module doesn't support heated seats. then i bought a new bcm1 module 8k0907063DH. But after this my front park sensors is not working=( i tried to vag-com for coding but not working.
i read your instructions and i find a dealer who has vcp cable. but still i need zdc file for flashing new firmware.
can you share the file?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a 8k0907063DH BCM module in my car and had to upgrade to the 8K0907063DL module remove the component protection and flash it to accept the 8 channel PDC. I am traveling right now, and don't have access to the PC that has the VagcomPro. I will see if I can zip the file but I think it does check to see if you have the correct license. Where are you located?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a 8k0907063DH BCM module in my car and had to upgrade to the 8K0907063DL module remove the component protection and flash it to accept the 8 channel PDC. I am traveling right now, and don't have access to the PC that has the VagcomPro. I will see if I can zip the file but I think it does check to see if you have the correct license. Where are you located?
i live in izmir/turkey. why do you need to upgrade to DL module? is the DH module dont support the 8 channel pdc?

thank you...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The DH module on my car did not support the 8 channels. The only BCM 1 modules that support the 8 channels that I know of are the DG, DJ and DL modules.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The DH module on my car did not support the 8 channels. The only BCM 1 modules that support the 8 channels that I know of are the DG, DJ and DL modules.
Hi @rnaidu and @ozcanyil

I am interested in your retrofits. I have an a4 quattro facelift from 2015 with rear pdc, 8k0907063DH and want to retrofit the front, so like @ozcanyil.

I see that @rnaidu had to upgrade to DG, DJ or DL.
I found a seller on ebay for a DH BCM1 that claims that it worrks with front pdc.

https //ebay.us/ OEf0Yj

Is it BS? Or there is a way to get it working?

PS: also here someone got it working on a S5.
www audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13249356

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BCM1 modules are coded to the car they are installed in. These modules have component protection. Rather than risk buying something that may not work from ebay, get the module directly from Audi and get it coded correctly. i paid about $290 for the 8k0907063DL module directly from Audi.

Reactions: pakidermo5000

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have original PDC front loom available if needed.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts