Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2016 A5 Cabriolet Special Edition 1.8 TFSI
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UK RHD Car for info -

Just went out to fit a Dashcam to my A5 2016 Cabriolet. I had a 2015 Cab that I fitted my camera into a few years ago so having sold that I uninstalled the camera and thought should be a doddle to fit.

Been a while since i last did it so got out the manual , flipped open the (as you sit in the drivers seat) right hand panel (Off-side) and see the fuse banks. Look nothing like the manual - they look like the manuals left hand side! So I flip open the left hand side (near side) - it looks like the manuals description of RHS! All the fuses in that panel look like they are live 24x7 whereas the O/Side fuses have a bank that are live with ignition on - at this point though I am not sure what fuses are what.

Anyone got a proper fuse box diagram that shows the UK A5 Cabrio fuses and names that matches what I describing here?

I can post pictures later but I am a bit fed up with faffing about testing stuff so will post them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can put me out of my misery.

And yes I did search here but couldnt find this specific thing...

· Administrator
786 Posts
Did you look here? Post 9

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a B9?
What’s a B9?

I eventually worked out the fuses and found the ones that are only on with the ignition on … before I worked it out though I pulled a (random) fuse to put the piggy back one in. No power to my camera (subsequent testing has proved the camera is fubar) … anyway stuck fuse back in and fired the car up … now I get a Parking brake malfunction error but it parking brake works fine . Assume I need to just get the error code cleared ? Can’t see how it would be borked by pulling a fuse then putting it back in….

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you look here? Post 9

This is the 2nd A5 cab I’ve had and yep followed that to install on both …

· Registered
2014 A4Q/8K 6MT MMI 3G+
639 Posts
… anyway stuck fuse back in and fired the car up … now I get a Parking brake malfunction error but it parking brake works fine . Assume I need to just get the error code cleared ? ...
Yes, just clear the error code.
The (random) fuse you pulled likely powers the p-brake control circuit, which is not switched. When the circuit lost power, an error code was thrown. You'll see this kind of thing in other modules that have constant (Terminal 30) power. --g

1 - 8 of 8 Posts