Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
TP, I’d be interested to see what you plan, and potential results with an X-Pipe!!! If you do go ahead with that let us know what you do. There’s plenty of people on here done that, I’ve obviously been specifically following the RS, but some say Audi standard downpipes coupled with an x-pipe give better results than an uprated third party downpipe setup coupled with the x-pipe.
Will need to do some more research on this. I just want a bit more noise from the exhaust, but not the boy racer droning.

18 plate Ford Focus RS was driving up and down today, and had a crackling load exhaust, was horrible. Don't want that at all. Really wanted the RS 4/5 for the V8, but hey ho... Not going to happen now, so will make the most out of the V6

·
Registered
530 Posts
Will need to do some more research on this. I just want a bit more noise from the exhaust, but not the boy racer droning.

18 plate Ford Focus RS was driving up and down today, and had a crackling load exhaust, was horrible. Don't want that at all. Really wanted the RS 4/5 for the V8, but hey ho... Not going to happen now, so will make the most out of the V6
I’m honestly, at some point, looking to do something with the RS sports exhaust for exactly the same reasons as you. No not racer pops n bangs but the sports exhaust I’ve got I think it’s actually stifling the V8 a bit. I just want to open it up and give a deeper, more true V8 sound, but I want to keep the integrated valve system for quiet and ‘obnoctious’ mode at the flick of the dynamic mode button. Mostly quiet for motorway cruising as a constant drone would drive me crazy. It’s tricky to get the right balance so research is key.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Bubble bubble, toil and trouble... Plans are brewing

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Sorry, I know. Booked in with MRC for a stage 2...

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Well it's stock, so will be circa 330... Post is quoted anything fro 450 to 470 odd.

Actually not sure as to the process, all done via email due to covid, so will find out when I get down there. I expect a pre run to baseline and then multiple runs to custom tune. They want the car for 4-6hrs....

Engine map with:
MRC Filter, MRC Pulley, MRC Hi Grip Belt, Silicon Intake Pipe, Modified airbox, fitting, Dyno Time and MRC Stage 2 Remap

Also getting the stronic gearbox remap...

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well it's stock, so will be circa 330... Post is quoted anything fro 450 to 470 odd.

Actually not sure as to the process, all done via email due to covid, so will find out when I get down there. I expect a pre run to baseline and then multiple runs to custom tune. They want the car for 4-6hrs....

Engine map with:
MRC Filter, MRC Pulley, MRC Hi Grip Belt, Silicon Intake Pipe, Modified airbox, fitting, Dyno Time and MRC Stage 2 Remap

Also getting the stronic gearbox remap...
Tony, that sounds amazing, you’ve got me worried now, If you achieve 470 you’re way past the RS stock. I’ll have to pull the trigger on my Capristo to gain an extra few hp to keep up with you.
Post your pre dyno results to let us see where your car really is just now and also the gains it makes. Really interested to hear. If you can let’s see the motor on the dyno too 👍

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
So had it remapped to a stage 2 by MRC yesterday, was there for a good 4 hrs. Friendly staff and welcoming, obviously COVID-19 restriction applied, but nothing impactful.

Really pleased with the results, car pulls well and had a few interesting moments on the way home with another Audi...

Did have the engine management light come on when at full tilt, but a switch off cleared it away.

Much more drivable now, and cornering or rather coming out of corners on B roads has a smile on my face.

Exhaust is also more noticeable which I don't understand as this was not touched, but not complaining.

Lots of nice cars parked up at MRC, and my S5 looked sad amongst all the RSx there.

Power went from 347 to 475, and Doug reckoned it would be more on a colder day.
Was bloody hot, circa 30deg....

Anyway, some pics and vid of the final run

·
Registered
530 Posts
So had it remapped to a stage 2 by MRC yesterday, was there for a good 4 hrs. Friendly staff and welcoming, obviously COVID-19 restriction applied, but nothing impactful.

Really pleased with the results, car pulls well and had a few interesting moments on the way home with another Audi...

Did have the engine management light come on when at full tilt, but a switch off cleared it away.

Much more drivable now, and cornering or rather coming out of corners on B roads has a smile on my face.

Exhaust is also more noticeable which I don't understand as this was not touched, but not complaining.

Lots of nice cars parked up at MRC, and my S5 looked sad amongst all the RSx there.

Power went from 347 to 475, and Doug reckoned it would be more on a colder day.
Was bloody hot, circa 30deg....

Anyway, some pics and vid of the final run

View attachment 178078
View attachment 178079
View attachment 178080
Tony,
I was actually waiting for your update....glad to hear the experience has lived up to your expectations. You’re in RS territory now with 475 no much wonder you’re enjoying the B roads. I wouldn’t mind a look of the vid of your day.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thanks, Link to vid on post 53

There was a 19 plate RS5 there on the rolling road before me, and must say it looked and sounded amazing

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks, Link to vid on post 53

There was a 19 plate RS5 there on the rolling road before me, and must say it looked and sounded amazing
Imagine tuning an RS???? Crazy. I see your exhaust venting just at the top end 1.10-1.13 in the video, it seems an impressive setup MRC have there. I bet stage 2 has really transformed your car.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Tony, have you ever had your engine carbon cleaned? If so how long ago? If you’re reaching 475bhp with stage two that to me would suggest you’re real carbon free to be honest.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Yes noticed the puffs of smoke at top end, not sure what causes that, hopefully normal.

No not had it carbon cleaned, but as I understand it the v6 engines are less prone to this. Car is at 31k miles now, so not sure if it would have any buildup already :unsure:

It's odd, in that it has much more power and does pull much stronger now, but not mind blowing so, perhaps the fact that the Tesla is so quick is what's confusing me. Having said that, I love driving it and don't regret spending my kids inheritance one bit 😂

There was this gorgeous RS6 there that apparently is running 1000 bhp, now that would be amazing.

Yes I think I made the right choice with MRC, very professional and clearly they know their Audi's. One thing Doug did say was that I should change the coil packs as these are prone to failure and the newer ones released were always a improvement. Likewise spark plugs, I think he said yearly especially if I was going to be driving hard.... Hmm, is there any other way of driving..

Will see how it goes over the next few months and I'll report back

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yes noticed the puffs of smoke at top end, not sure what causes that, hopefully normal.
The black smoke will be one of 2 things... not enough air to burn the fuel, or not enough time for it to burn, it is caused by incomplete combustion of the fuel resulting in black carbon particles.
Which on a rolling road you will never get the same amount of air flow through a car and into the engine as you would if you were driving out on the road.
You shouldn't have any issues... just adopt a more frequent servicing routine so you check everything more often.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts