Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Indeed super fat, and they look good.

I was wondering if the ones on were original? Would not have lasted that long with me driving, thats for sure... ;)

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
All done, needed some adjustment on the front right as was slightly toed in.

Exhaust leaking at the joints between the cats and the muffler.... Time for some x-pipes :unsure:

Car is as dirty as my Mrs so don't look to hard... :D

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Managed to get a couple of hours "me" time so I took the opportunity to replace the std S5 grill with a copy RS5 one. Whilst the bumper was off I replaced the fog lights for LED ones.

Please with the results....
Before

After

Bit dark for pictures, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Totally agree. Was not convinced before, but happy with it now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
TonyP, when you bought your honeycomb RS grill it came with two extra cylinders free, when are you installing them to complete the RS upgrade ?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I have just gone through the dilemma of cars. I'm getting a new company car end of month (Tesla model 3) and I need to decide what to do as having 5 cars on the drive is not sustainable. So either keep the S5 and do a stage 2 (so no need for the extra cylinders :p) or swap it in for a RS5, but I won't get a equivalent age and mileage RS5 for the cost of a stage 2 + insurance bump....

I landed on keeping the S5 and do a stage 2 in April when insurance renews, and either sell the Land Cruiser or find a secure lock up for the kids car or the S5.

And then later in the year look at a exhaust upgrade as it will then just be a toy...

As for the Tesla, that will be doing nearly 3k miles a month so will see how I get on with that....

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Just to update the thread. Car has hardly been driven the last 3months as I now commute in the Tesla Model 3P.

I have added a DK strut bar and I think it has made some difference in hard cornering, so pleased with that. Easy to fit.

Also did the Audi Drive Select mod. Got the button from Audi direct as it was cheaper than second hand ones off eBay. Works well, but if I was honest, it's a bit pointless as sticking the car into sport mode by flicking the gear lever down one is quicker, but it was easy to do so I'm pleased.

Final simple mod today was to turn off the stupid sound actuator (stupid speaker that replicates engine noise in the cabin). Done via vcds.

I'm now waiting for MRC to open and I'll book it in for a stage 2 remap. Can't wait for that.

After that, I fancy a x-pipe or doing something with the exhaust, but let's see after stage 2

As an aside, the Tesla is a interesting car. Straight line and from stopped it is bloody quick, overtaking is a hoot, but even though I have the performance model, cornering is not as sure footed as the S5. Bit soulless really.

Audi is here to stay, but will be my weekend car.

·
Registered
530 Posts
With the sound actuator disabled on the S5 it’s a no brainier to transplant the engine noise in to the Tesla to give it real ‘soul’ 😉.
Interesting regarding ev’s and emissions. I was reading today the next gen Focus RS has been shelved as it was emitting 175 g/km CO2 and targets of 95 g/km is the coming standard for new cars. Plus it was unviable to develop a hybrid, part ev Focus RS.This figure is also proposed to drop to 66 g/km in future years too.
You’re a lucky lad TP, you can smile as you save the planet on the mon-fri commute in the Tesla and smile even wider at the weekend as you save your sanity in the S5 👍

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The EV debate is interesting, and I'm no greenie out to save the planet and all of that. It makes massive financial sense to have a EV right now. 0%BIK cheap to run (costs about £6 a day so about £30 a week compared to £120 a week in the S5. As I don't pay insurance, road tax, servicing etc I'm quids in, hence I can keep the S5 and spend some money on toys. :cool:

I'm a member of a number of Mark specific forums like this, and by far the forum with the most pretentious and pious lot are the Tesla lot. Always going on about how good for the environment bla bla bla their cars are, and how many polar bears they are saving by driving a EV. Just boring if I was honest.

I drive 150miles a day, and I would do it in the S5 daily if it were not for the depreciation and cost.

Is the the start of the end for internal combustion engines, I do think so. It won't be long that we will have black boxes and more driver "aids" than we can cope with, so make the most right now I say.

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
I'll bite.. Thought the pious was a Toyota not a tesla

I'll bite#2.....my 9 month old mondeo estate in vignale trim cost 22k. It does 36k miles a year and regularly does 300 miles in one journey. The estate is for 3 collies so floor area is more important than volume.

Please find me an ev equivalent because I would really like one for the bik savings

·
Registered
530 Posts
TP, “make the most right now I say” - so true. One thing will never change, boys need their toys. Just like my RS your S5 is now the weekend toy. Genuinely, I’m from a generation that can really appreciate what we have with the internal combustion, I’m certainly not against progress, I’ll actually encourage it, but, if you can let's enjoy what we’ve got just now. I’m not sure the modern generation will look back on their ev’s with the same enthusiasm we do.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'll bite.. Thought the pious was a Toyota not a tesla

I'll bite#2.....my 9 month old mondeo estate in vignale trim cost 22k. It does 36k miles a year and regularly does 300 miles in one journey. The estate is for 3 collies so floor area is more important than volume.

Please find me an ev equivalent because I would really like one for the bik savings
Elon Musk will probably build you an ev to suit your floor space needs and provide the bik savings with a solar panel roof, but instead of mondeo £22k purchase price it will be more like £222k just now...oh and by the way, monthly rental costs on the battery. In a few years, when they are properly developed then the purchase prices may become a little more reasonable. I too could see myself in some form of ev in the years ahead it will make financial sense. I’ll be ok with that, it won’t really be by choice but probably necessity. Then again, I might actually like it?

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
I am 2 years from retirement so miles will drop to bugger all.
Might keep the diesel mondeo which will only have 140k on the clock and will probably cost me about 5k.
Or invest 12k in an estate lightly used econobox with warranty
Or invest 8k in a 17 year old rs6 avant...the 4k saved on the econobox will maybe keep it on the road for a couple of months
Or with the addition of Stevie Wonder shades for the interior...6.1 Hemi V8 SRT-8 5dr Chrysler 300c estate.

I really want the Chrysler for donutting next to the nearest windfarm

Reactions: TonyP

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Range is such a issue. The model I have is supposed to do 320 odd miles to a charge, the most I got was about 200 miles. Bloody joke. Son is in Manchester uni, I can't get there in one go without stopping to charge, OK Tesla Superchargers are cool, fully charged in 40mins. Prob is, on one trip for whatever reason it did not fully charge at home, so I had to go to a supercharger first, stop again 3/4 of the way to charge again, and then charge in Manchester and then again on the way home... Real PITA added prob 90mins to an already long day.

Don't get me started on the build quality for the price. £60k car and its just not at the same quality as a Audi. Customer service is poor. I think as soon as the rest of the car makers catchup and offer strong competition to Tesla the better.

I'm going to make the most of my ice vehicles for as long as I can.

·
Registered
530 Posts
TP, I’d be interested to see what you plan, and potential results with an X-Pipe!!! If you do go ahead with that let us know what you do. There’s plenty of people on here done that, I’ve obviously been specifically following the RS, but some say Audi standard downpipes coupled with an x-pipe give better results than an uprated third party downpipe setup coupled with the x-pipe.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I am 2 years from retirement so miles will drop to bugger all.
Might keep the diesel mondeo which will only have 140k on the clock and will probably cost me about 5k.
Or invest 12k in an estate lightly used econobox with warranty
Or invest 8k in a 17 year old rs6 avant...the 4k saved on the econobox will maybe keep it on the road for a couple of months
Or with the addition of Stevie Wonder shades for the interior...6.1 Hemi V8 SRT-8 5dr Chrysler 300c estate.

I really want the Chrysler for donutting next to the nearest windfarm
Rackingman, love it!! can’t stop laughing, you’ve such a way with words. “I really want the Chrysler for donutting next to the nearest windfarm” 😂😂

21 - 40 of 64 Posts