1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..

2nd attempt at this intro post.....

Recently purchased 2015 S5 Black Edition Coupe in Daytona Gray. Had it for 5 days now and love it, going to be hard to manage that right foot... ho hum, mega mpg is not why we purchase these cars.

No plans for it yet, just want to enjoy it, and perhaps in a few months time I may look at a few simple mods, like folding mirrors and memory seats.

Previous car as a new shape 520d BMW (company car) which was a good car, but very boring.
Also have a 2005 Toyota Land Cruiser which we have owned from new, and a 2008 Honda Blackbird which I use every year to tour Europe with. Most notably took this to Moscow and back on 2011.

Anyway, hope to contribute to the forum and community.

Pics to follow
Tony

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Nice, immaculate interior there
Is that the factory privacy glass on the back?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, immaculate interior there
Is that the factory privacy glass on the back?
Yeah factory privacy glass, it's in the options fitted codes in the service book.

For a Oct 2015 car, its relatively low mileage, only got 17k on it now. Really am pleased with it.

Had a small issue, with I did not notice on picking it up, but my son spotted it. It was missing one of the adjustable bonnet stops on the OS, which caused a miss-alignment. I got the dealer to post me one, and all correct now. More pics attached....

Attachments

·
Registered
530 Posts
Stunning motor TonyP, you’re going to so enjoy the S5!! Forget about boring say hello to AWSOME!!
Do you know how to work that right foot?
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Mmmmm stunning car, have fun!!!

Reactions: TonyP

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Welcome Mr P. Smart looking S5! Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TonyP

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :smile2:

Stunning motor TonyP, you’re going to so enjoy the S5!! Forget about boring say hello to AWSOME!!
Do you know how to work that right foot?
Welcome aboard.
Oh yes indeed, right foot is well educated..... First tank returned 20mpg, which I thought was quite good considering the spirited driving :wink2:

I am getting very addicted to the howl of the V6 as is kicks down and revs to the limit.

For those that have owned (or own) the V8's how does the engine sound in comparison?

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, 3 weeks later and still loving my S5. Added another 1500miles and let's just say Mpg is not getting better.

I am however starting to hate my alloys, 1.5hrs later and not 100%, going to have to find a easier way to keep them clean....

Also added some s5 puddle lights...

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So starting to get a squeal from the rear pads, so must be time for something new.

Great service from ebcdirect. Have EBC disks and pads on the motorbike and service then was as good.

Pity my vcds cable has gone missing. Shows delivered and signed for, but no idea where this is.... Which means I cannot doe them this weekend... Boo

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Took the rear wheels off and inspected the pads, and still lots left so did not change them. No idea where the squeal is coming from though...

Did the mem seat to key mod and now no need to adjust seat after the mrs has been driving it.

Also enabled the passenger mirror dipping on reverse, simple enough with vcds

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The OE brakes squeal. Like you mine have life left so I'm living with it but I'll go for EBC at renewal. I do find that a bit of aggressive use of the brakes will quieten them down for a while, but the squeal always comes back.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers Dippy, at least I know it's not just me...

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well 3 months on and still loving the S5. Now at 22k miles, so done 5300 miles in 3 months. Bit more than I would have liked but the work commute was a bit long.

Just changed the drivers side windscreen weather strip (W8T0854328) as the old one had a 50p size mark on it from when I got the car. Second hand on ebay it was about £20, was pleasantly surprised that the main dealer had this for £16, easy enough to replace, just pulls off and new one clips in, 2 min job. Nearly got it for free as the parts guy said it was paid for, but my conscious got the better of me.

Also added the dipstick (06E115611H), got off ebay.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Got round to replacing the brake pads all round last week. Installed EBC red's and so far please with them. No more stupid squeal. Needed a new sensor too, got from EBC.

Have to say simple enough compared to the Land Cruiser pads.

·
Registered
2015 S5 Coupe
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well car is now just short of 30k miles and time for new rubber....

Decided on Michelin Pilot Sport 4s.....

Still had around 3mm on rear and about 2mm on fronts, but as it was starting to loose grip thought new rubber for Xmas was a nice touch... (y)

But OMG, HOW MUCH :eek::eek:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Seriously fat tyres TonyP, just like your wallet. If you’re just short of 30k miles then your old tyres will have served you very well. Michelin good choice.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts