Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just bought a lovely 2015 S5 in mamba black exclusive. Took it into the dealer for the fuel rail recall' and it got a leak between the gearbox and torsen centre diff.

Any thoughts? The car has 14000 miles and has never been launched looking at the counter.

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I have read a few, and only a few reports of leaks like this. Unfortunately it could be a seal failure. 15K is very low for a 2015 S5 - I thought mine was low at 20K. Do you have any of the history of this car?

BTW it was illegal to sell you the car with an outstanding safety recall.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dippy, the dealer in London had done the job but had caused damage to a coolant pipe. I noticed some little white splashes and could see the drops of coolant so took it to my local dealer in Exeter who found the source. I've only had it 18 days and it's been with the dealer since day 14.

I'm going to get them to do the thermostat too whilst the supercharger is off. It drives perfectly so I think it's only a seal.

It's a dream spec S5 too. It would have been 53000 new with the additional options. History wise, first owner was Audi for 6 months then 1 owner before me.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Well if its your dream car and its 4 years old then maybe you should have the gearbox service along with a check of the seals. The service is not due until 38K but there seems reason to do it early. I had mine done at 3 years 13K but then my car is stage 2 so stresses the 'box more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's nice but I wouldn't say it's my dream car lol. I mean it has dream spec. Sports diff, adaptive suspension, sunroof, advanced key etc. Only thing it didn't have was adaptive cruise.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Hi Steve, nice car!
Is the dealer fixing the leak? Is it covered under a warranty?
Mine also had coolant issues after the fuel rail recall work was done! Don't get me started on that fiasco!!

Do you know which coolant pipe is affected?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks. No not sure which pipe was affected but the supercharger has to come off. The fix is being covered but I have to pay for the diff seal to be repaired.

I'm getting the thermostat and waterpump done too just because.

Car is nice, very low miles. They say the put lifeshine on but did a crap job if they did. Gonna have to go get it detailed with some ceramic.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mine is a late 2014 so the same CREC engine as yours. From the dealer history it shows mine had a new water pump done under warranty.

Yeah I never go for the special coatings done by dealers as they are not detailers and won't prep the paintwork properly and just slap the coating on that you pay £250 for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts