Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! First post here and I’m hoping to get some opinions about my first A5’s purchase.

I have the option to buy either a:

-2014 A5 TDI 2.0 Quattro Sportback with s-line upgrades

or a

-2010 A5 TDI 3.0 Quattro Sportback.

They are roughly the same price and miles done (~80,000) both come with full service records.

I understand that the 3.0 is the better engine however I’m wondering if it is still worth choosing over the 2.0 when there is 4 years difference?

lastly I am using the car for city/inner suburbs driving and won’t drive that much but am planning to take it out for a longer drive once a month minimum to attempt to relieve DPF issues. I’m really looking for a long lasting car so thought the Diesel engine was the way to go. Should I look at the TFSI for the shorter trips or just stick with the diesel so I can get many years out of it.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
The 3.0 is surely the car to go for, IMHO. A few extra years is not a big problem I think, especially if she has been looked after. The A5 is quite a big car especially the 4 door, so the larger engine makes it such a sweet drive whereas the 2.0 has to be revved harder so may even use more fuel than the larger motor.

Reactions: Smokey Joe
1 - 2 of 2 Posts