Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

2014 S5 Issues (Warranty)

5K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  LewisTiburon 
I know you said you are gutted about it, but I'd agree that the car should be rejected. The water pump is not too surprising - they have been know to fail prematurely - but these cars do not have a reputation for the other failures you list. If the tech is correct that the electrical faults could be the result of an ingress of water then there could be more problems lurking.

Reactions: SimonRoma
Looking at the list of faults it would seem that the labour would be high compared to the parts costs so without doubt it would be cheaper for the seller to fix it rather than accept dealer labour rates. If your heart is ruling your head here then at least get everything in writing: A clear list of the faults and what constitutes an acceptable fix to you. Assurance that you won't have to pay anything. A statement of what warranty is provided for the work done.

I'd still be concerned about the water ingress. What was the cause and has it been fixed. What is the full extent of the water damage - how can you be certain that there are no hidden faults?

Over on Audizine there are frequent reports of engine mount problems, but I never see anything about it from outside the US. However I understand that the mounts are active and so maybe a "minor" failure could be responsible for vibration?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.