Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally pushed her to her limit last night on the way home from work.
this girl will not go over 130mph
is it restricted with a governor ?
if so how do i get around it or disable it
I am waiting on delivery of cold air intake and i am wondering if it is gonna be a waste of money

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
What engine and gearbox? Limit is generally 250kph....

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
2.0 T . 6 speed Manual
130 mph is not good enough :)
I owned an A3 with 2.0 without turbo and the top speed in 5th gear was higher than in 6th gear. so may be, you could try that somtime.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i finally pushed her to her limit last night on the way home from work.
this girl will not go over 130mph
is it restricted with a governor ?
if so how do i get around it or disable it
I am waiting on delivery of cold air intake and i am wondering if it is gonna be a waste of money

Many thanks
Not sure of the MPH but they are limited by the factory. Some chip tuners can remove the limiter. A CAI by itself will only be a minor improvement for a few horsepower and maybe a little better throttle response. You'll likely need a Stage II or III to really improve the top end speed. Where is it that you can go 130 mph? Even in a 1/4 mile straight line it won't come close to that speed. If you are doing it on public streets, let's just leave it at not cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure of the MPH but they are limited by the factory. Some chip tuners can remove the limiter. A CAI by itself will only be a minor improvement for a few horsepower and maybe a little better throttle response. You'll likely need a Stage II or III to really improve the top end speed. Where is it that you can go 130 mph? Even in a 1/4 mile straight line it won't come close to that speed. If you are doing it on public streets, let's just leave it at not cool.
thank you for your response

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What is the power of your 2.0TFSI?

Is it definitely a restriction? Eg, does it increase speed at a good rate, then stop dead at 130mph? Or does it very slowly creep up to 130?

As said, the normal speed limit is 155mph, but usually on the bigger engines.

Just done a search and found this - looks like you will have to have it remapped, which will give you way more power than a CAI and have the limiter removed at the same time, most mappers will do this!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is the power of your 2.0TFSI?

Is it definitely a restriction? Eg, does it increase speed at a good rate, then stop dead at 130mph? Or does it very slowly creep up to 130?

As said, the normal speed limit is 155mph, but usually on the bigger engines.

Just done a search and found this - looks like you will have to have it remapped, which will give you way more power than a CAI and have the limiter removed at the same time, most mappers will do this!
View attachment 177173
cool thank you so much for your help.
question... best remapper ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
cool thank you so much for your help.
question... best remapper ?
I have had GIAC for my 2006 A3 stage III and for my 2011 A5. No issues with either. As stated in another reply, there is also APR. If you have a trusted indie shop and they are affiliated with any of the major tuners, I would go with who they work with. Otherwise, find the closest tuner of the above companies. I've also hear good thing about Unitronic. They will need your vin number to determine if they have developed a tune for your specific vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have had GIAC for my 2006 A3 stage III and for my 2011 A5. No issues with either. As stated in another reply, there is also APR. If you have a trusted indie shop and they are affiliated with any of the major tuners, I would go with who they work with. Otherwise, find the closest tuner of the above companies. I've also hear good thing about Unitronic. They will need your vin number to determine if they have developed a tune for your specific vehicle.
Many thanks for your help guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts