Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I seem to have a rare-ish version of this car and I'm a bit stuck working out :-

a) What engine type I have (EA888.2 or EA888.3)

I think I have an EA888.3 engine based on a picture from MST Perfrormances website, but how can I tell for sure?

They mention it doesn't have a MAF sensor (has a MAP instead). - I'm asking because I'd like to know what Intake I can fit to the car and at the moment most appear to NOT fit my car.

Here she is:-

b) What model I have - B8 or B8.5
I think I have a B8.5 as it has a newer set of lights and grill but does this mean I can only fit performance parts that explicitly state B8.5 (and not B8) - or do they share some common parts?

c) What mods, if any do I need to perform if I get a RaceChip/ECU Map upgrade?

As I've currently got 225BHP, after chipping/ECU this is close to 300BHP.
Do I need to concern myself with modifying other bits of the car to cope with this increase? I've seen some people mention Flywheel issues after an ECU Map?

Is there somewhere I can find out the tolerances for the bits on my car so I know what parts I need to replace as I upgrade it?

There is no Haynes manual for this car, but I have just ordered ELSAWIN in the hope this will help.

Many thanks and sorry for so many questions.
Andy
IMG_20200115_104204.jpg
IMG_20191025_080851.png

·
Registered
368 Posts
in the trunk where the spare tire is, you should find a white label with all the codes of your car. it'll include an engine code, transmission code, and lots of other codes for how your car is configured.

that's the most definitive way to determine your engine. I am in California so I think my gen2 is CPMA, but you may just have the regular CAEB.

once you find the engine code, you can Google to determine which generation your engine is. it's most likely gen2.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
As above look at the build label in the spare wheel well for the engine code ETC.
Your engine is definitely a Gen 3 example as you can tell that by the location of the oil filler cap,my guess is that your engine code is a CNCD as I have a B8.5 2014 225 coupe and mine is identical.
Tuning parts specifically for the B8.5 are thin on the ground,but some parts are available.
Have a look at the attachment below as it explains the Gen 3 engine in great detail (ignore the fact that it is for the 1.8 variant as they are essentially the same).
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I attached the wrong file try this one instead,but the one above although a VW engine is virtually identical apart from the fact that it is mounted transversely as opposed to your longitudinally

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts