Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again A5OC - I was pretty active on here a lifetime ago when I bought my then factory-new 2013 S5. Nine years later she still runs like a charm and I love her to death. My one complaint with this car is that the maps have not updated in a very long time, and my area is rapidly changing with roads being added and updated all the time. Thus, when I put in an address these days, there's a pretty good chance it won't be recognized as valid. Things I've tried so far:
  • Asking the dealer - they wanted north of $400 and told me that even then the maps would only be "as of" 2018. Ridiculous.
  • Asking my private mechanic - they said it was too much of a hassle and they referred me to the dealer.
  • Buying from the Audi Parts website myself - contrary to other vehicles I have owned, these map upgrades are not DVDs you can install yourself but simply a download code only the dealer can use (shoved into a DVD case).
  • Paying for AudiConnect - the 3G connects, Google Earth satellite view clearly shows the new roads, but the system still doesn't recognize any new addresses.
At this point I'm at my wits end and I've got half a mind to take the old girl to a custom interior shop and try and retrofit a whole new MMI. Please tell me someone has a better option!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts