Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New here, been thinking about picking up a supercharged 2013 Audi s5 prestige model. The one I’m looking at has had regular maintenance done at the dealer but it is pushing 95k miles. I know the engine life depends on how the owner has driven the car. But do Audis stay strong well after 100k?? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My last S4 lasted well over 100K and was relatively trouble-free. The major risks for a B5 are s-tronic gearbox and timing chains. If that one has the s-tronic gearbox make sure that it really has been serviced at least twice and preferably 3. The gearbox was revised twice with the second revision around spring 2013, so it depends on when in 2013 that one was built as to which one it has. Timing chains get loose at high mileage and the fix is expensive. Apparently the warning sign is rattle on cold start.

Reactions: SimonRoma

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
I too have experience of the A5 at 200k kms and now my S4 V8 over 202k kms and both are very strong and consumed zero oil. If you have a FASH then you will be good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts