Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just told my 2013 s5 Audi POSSIBLY needs a new transmission with a price tag of 15K!!

The TPMS warning light comes prompting me to reset the tpms system. Once I do that, the transmission malfunction warning comes on and the car goes into some sort of 1k rpm cycle and disengaging the transmission This happens intermittently and usually on start up. The other day it happened while I was driving causing me to get stuck on the side of the road. Im getting the TPMS malfunction, Transmission Malfunctions and Parking Brake malfunction warning lights. CHeck engine light comes on as well now. I am able to clear out the errors but no telling when it may happen again. Any ideas on what it could be before I change the tranny? DOnt want to spend that money if its something dumb like a sensor

thanks

·
Administrator
356 Posts
The TPMS system is controlled by the ABS pump. Have the car scanned for faults with VCDS and post the full scan here. That will determine the next steps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try a new battery. I had Tpms, Sport Diff, ABS, Park Brake, Stability Programme and my throttle adaptation went to shite, car ran like rubbish. In the end it was just a old battery causing sensors to haywire and flooded a bunch of control modules with bad data.

·
Administrator
356 Posts
Scan for fault codes. If you see “Energy Management Active” id strongly consider changing the battery. Clear the fault codes and see if the issues/errors return.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I’ll post it up in the morning. I’ll have to get it from my mechanic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the codes. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

P179E
P179F:
P061300:
P070000:
P175800:
P060900:
P060900:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The TPMS system is controlled by the ABS pump. Have the car scanned for faults with VCDS and post the full scan here. That will determine the next steps.

P179E
P179F:
P061300:
P070000:
P175800:
P060900:
P060900:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Energy management code is 03041

·
Registered
98 Posts
If the battery is original, or hovering around 11.9-12.1 resting voltage I'd say do the battery first, then start chasing sensors / connectors. The energy management code indicates you've bottomed out at some point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts