Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 A5 with ECU I and II flash upgrades. Was driving at highway speeds when EPC light came on and engine began running very rough. Engine ran rougher at lower RPM and idle. Also got an engine light. Reported codes came back P2300 and P2309. The fault was described as Ignition Coils A and D Primary Control Circuit Low. After leaving the engine off for about 20 minutes, the computer reset and ran normal, but then the problem returned.

Fast forward a week. I replaced all 4 ignition coils with better quality Bosch. I did some test drives, including on the highway, and the problem seemed to be solved. The motor even runs smoother than before. Then, on the highway, I was running it somewhat hard (accelerating in lower gears at around 5000 RPM, and the EPC light returned with a rough engine. This time, only one fault returned, which was P2309, Ignition Coil "D". I am now going to try replacing the spark plugs, however, with the EPC light I am wondering if there is something other than a hardware issue? Could this be from an after market tune? I have not checked any of the wiring yet, but at first glance there does not appear to be any damaged wiring.

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts