Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, is there anybody who can offer me some advice please? Somebody reversed into my driver side door - which resulted in quite bad denting in the actual door itself, but it didnt touch the bottom skirts. I basically need to replace the drivers door, and the door card is still in tact with all the locking mechanisms working, electric window going down and all controls on that door panel work. I am hoping it is just the outer shell of the door as I believe it is split in two?

My car is a 2013 A5 Black edition and it is a sportback 5 door. Does anybody have any experience in door replacing for this model? With everything closed I haven't had any quotes for the cost to spray a replacement door but I know its going to be quite a bit!! Theres some videos on youtube of removing the door card but not the actual door. Just wanted some advice really?

Many thanks

Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh sorry i didnt add, its not going through insurance, they have paid me instead

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
Jay this is not such a tricky one mate. It sounds like the only damage is the door skin. IF that is the case then any bodywork shop will be able to reove the door, take it apart and simply repair and respray the skin. They then remount the door. This should not break the bank mate, here we would do the job for a few hundred quids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts