Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I wonder if you can help me on a few issues?
Hopefully picking up my RS5 on Friday and I’m chopping in my S3 8v, Ok here goes the dealer says it has the sports package how can I tell ? It does have the sexy Wingbacks:love: and 20 inch alloys would it have the upgraded exhaust and how would I tell the difference? Never driven a RS5 before.
Secondly :rolleyes: it was quite hard to start the car ( worried ) the dealership blamed the Ghost immobiliser as he had to do all the button malarkey in sequence for it to start, am I been picky ? Would love some feedback of you guys

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey mate,

There's 2 versions of ghost. One is immobilise pre code and the other is immobilise before gear select. Neither should present a problem and I've had plenty of ghost cars.

What age is the RS5. B9 or B9.5?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
From a 2015 brochure:

Sports package.
20” alloy wheels in a choice of ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in Titanium (PQU) or Aluminium (PQW) look finish or ‘5-V-spoke’ design in
polished Titanium (PQI) only. Please see page 42 for further details
Sports suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC). Enhanced suspension setup which consists of a special shock absorber
system that counteracts pitch and body roll movements without using any electronic devices. With DRC, diagonally opposed shock
absorbers on the car are linked together hydraulically. A central valve varies the shock absorber operating characteristic, for instance
when the steering wheel is turned and the car corners, so that movement around the longitudinal axis (roll) is significantly reduced.
DRC uses the same principle to counteract body movement around the transverse axis (pitch) when the car accelerates or brakes.
There is a choice of 3 settings: comfort, dynamic or auto
Dynamic steering. Improves comfort and handling by dynamically regulating steering according to the driving situation. Allows
the steering feel to be adapted to road, speed and the chosen Audi drive select mode. With this technology, driving is significantly
more agile under everyday conditions, while directional stability and precision are increased at high speeds and in demanding driving
situations. Also enhances active safety with corrective steering inputs if critical situations are detected
Sports exhaust. Further enhances the engine sound of the RS 5 Coupé, with black tailpipe trims

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kontraband it’s a 2012 model I’m going to pay the garage another visit to cold start it for myself then if not satisfied will ask more questions

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From a 2015 brochure:

Sports package.
20” alloy wheels in a choice of ‘5-arm Rotor’ design in Titanium (PQU) or Aluminium (PQW) look finish or ‘5-V-spoke’ design in
polished Titanium (PQI) only. Please see page 42 for further details
Sports suspension plus with Dynamic Ride Control (DRC). Enhanced suspension setup which consists of a special shock absorber
system that counteracts pitch and body roll movements without using any electronic devices. With DRC, diagonally opposed shock
absorbers on the car are linked together hydraulically. A central valve varies the shock absorber operating characteristic, for instance
when the steering wheel is turned and the car corners, so that movement around the longitudinal axis (roll) is significantly reduced.
DRC uses the same principle to counteract body movement around the transverse axis (pitch) when the car accelerates or brakes.
There is a choice of 3 settings: comfort, dynamic or auto
Dynamic steering. Improves comfort and handling by dynamically regulating steering according to the driving situation. Allows
the steering feel to be adapted to road, speed and the chosen Audi drive select mode. With this technology, driving is significantly
more agile under everyday conditions, while directional stability and precision are increased at high speeds and in demanding driving
situations. Also enhances active safety with corrective steering inputs if critical situations are detected
Sports exhaust. Further enhances the engine sound of the RS 5 Coupé, with black tailpipe trims
Thanks Dippy will get my head under the rear exhaust tips 👍🏻👍🏻

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks Kontraband it’s a 2012 model I’m going to pay the garage another visit to cold start it for myself then if not satisfied will ask more questions
Ok cool. You can use ghost 1 or 2 then. The later models (2018 I think onwards) only with with ghost 2 and that's the one with the 2 different start phases.

Drop me a note if you need anything else mate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just been to the Garage got a rundown on what’s what 🧐 anyways it’s got over £10k over upgrades happy days with a print out from Mr Audi sports package and wingbacks plus much more , I asked about the Ghost/cold start so I tried it boom! Started 1st time for me no hesitation suppose there’s a knack with the Ghost sales guy must have sausage fingers 😂😂😂 thanks for the help gents you will see much more of me here.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Taffy mate sounds good!!! These cars are complex for sure BUT very well built indeed. For the RS I guess that the most important info you need is the fsh (full service history) cos the RS cars are very special and need to be well looked after!! Send us more info and some photos too please!!! Simon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts