Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that a thing?

I'm test driving a beauty of a 2012 facelift cab 3.0 quattro. Been looking for weeks, Best one I've seen, the colour I want, small wheels (yay), good price, decent mileage and good history. Also - v reputable dealer. Just missing most of the features I'd find useful. LOL. But my rule has always been, buy on condition and add features if you need them...

It is immaculate in and out, but has the many buttoned mmi/small nav screen, with no heated seats, no cruise control and no B&O.

I'm sure I can add heated seats for under 500 (why would you order a cab with no heat??) using one of the aftermarket fitters of pads, cruise control I guess I can add if I miss it, but the MMI - I was hoping to be able to add android auto to the car straight away - I love my music, but I'm not sure I can when it is the old version. I can't get any more info on version number until I see the car at the weekend, when I need to make the buy/no buy decision. I am guessing, no Bluetooth music streaming or DAB radio.

Also, upgrading speakers, I'm guessing just a simple case of a swap out....?

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
973 Posts
I believe there were two sizes. One half an inch bigger than the other with higher resolution. And that system brought with it bluetooth audio, dab and a new interface.
Correct the basic 2g was 6.5” where as the 3G version had the 7” screen.

On Aliexpress there are some, but to be honest not brilliant. A lot of the forum members used RSNAV to upgrade their units.

Also cruise control add on you need a squib with cruise control stalk. Also either OBDELEVEN or Ross tech cable to enable the feature. The physical swap is straight forward, as you remove the airbag, steering wheel, column trim and finally the old squib (may need to enlarge the column trim for third stalk) and reverse process then code.

Hope this helps!
Also if you search the forums, loads of mods been done to the B8/8.5 platform

~Alex

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fancy the rsnav unit - if I knew it fitted the 'mmi basic plus' then I'd be happier buying the car because then the current system is irrelevant.

They've told me that heated seats, even with just the pads, is a no no.

And I will have to live without cruise.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is that a thing?

I'm test driving a beauty of a 2012 facelift cab 3.0 quattro. Been looking for weeks, Best one I've seen, the colour I want, small wheels (yay), good price, decent mileage and good history. Also - v reputable dealer. Just missing most of the features I'd find useful. LOL. But my rule has always been, buy on condition and add features if you need them...

It is immaculate in and out, but has the many buttoned mmi/small nav screen, with no heated seats, no cruise control and no B&O.

I'm sure I can add heated seats for under 500 (why would you order a cab with no heat??) using one of the aftermarket fitters of pads, cruise control I guess I can add if I miss it, but the MMI - I was hoping to be able to add android auto to the car straight away - I love my music, but I'm not sure I can when it is the old version. I can't get any more info on version number until I see the car at the weekend, when I need to make the buy/no buy decision. I am guessing, no Bluetooth music streaming or DAB radio.

Also, upgrading speakers, I'm guessing just a simple case of a swap out....?
You can get apple android carplay from elitecarplay buddy and it's non mmi I have one and it's great. I posted a link too them on the for sale page.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.