Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help, new to the forum and I am halfway through fixing the Wifes Audi convertible that decided to turn itself into a boat due to the rear window leaking. Cut a long story short I am trying to remove the passenger door control module which is dead. Questions is does anyone know how this comes off the door, it looks to be a sticky pad on the back of the module case and a body quick release style plug/pin at the top... anyone removed one this wee beasties before and if so what did you use to pry it off the door. Or is it bolted from the inside?

Thank you,
Angry Scotsman 馃榾

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Figured it out guys it was a speed type clip and I was able to remove the DCM from the passenger side.. ordered a second hand part as I was unable to see anything wrong with this one. Will update once the part arrives and I have removed the serial EEPROM and replaced with the original.. Wish I had VCDS so will resort to SMD station and remove the chip.

Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
Make sure the door module has the same or more pinout features than your current ones.

Also you may need to use OBDeleven or Rosstech leads for the coding to turn on certain features such as power folding on the passenger side if you have it. As the memory from that module will be from the previous car. Just bear this in mind, and it might just be plug and play馃憤馃徎

~Alex

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure the door module has the same or more pinout features than your current ones.

Also you may need to use OBDeleven or Rosstech leads for the coding to turn on certain features such as power folding on the passenger side if you have it. As the memory from that module will be from the previous car. Just bear this in mind, and it might just be plug and play馃憤馃徎

~Alex
Thanx for answering back Alex, I noticed on the board there is a serial 28L64 or a 29L28 serial EEPROM so I am planning to swap the chips over when the host until arrives. Since I dont have access to a progger but I have access to SMD workstation.. my old past was in RF hardware :rolleyes:.
Thanks for the heads up on making sure they are the same units from the donor vehicle. This one came from the same year and the saloon version. Same number of connectors.
Anyway I will update when this arrives and let ya know if the serial CPU swap worked or not.
TBH I need the door working so I can get the windows working so I can get the roof down and start to make/construct a compression frame out of wood for repairing this window leak...

Thank you,

Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
That鈥檚 a sure fire way then to get it to work, personally It鈥檇 be too much for me hahaha

I much prefer the software way 馃憤馃徎

Either way let us know how you get on.

~Alex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts