Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals,

I'm brand new to the community and about to buy my first Audi. I've known since 2007 that the S5 would be my next car and I'm a day away from putting in my order.

I was talking to the sales guy last night and he's told me that I will be receiving a 2011 in August if I order now. Unfortunately, right now he's got the 2011 Spec sheet but its got tons of TBD's under the prices (except on the options).

I'm curious if anyone knows what the MSRP pricing for a 2011 will start at? I have read they will be lowering the base price and removing some of the included options to make it less expensive to get an S5. Can anyone confirm this?
Right now he's suggesting we just put together a quote using the 2010 base price for now and when they receive the 2011 pricing, he will update the quote accordingly...

I guess the one thing bugging me is in Canada the B&O sound has been a standard feature on the S5, but for 2011, they're bringing it out and making it optional (which means an extra $1100 to get back what was standard).

Let me know your thoughts. I am hoping to go tomorrow and sign some papers. Thanks!

·
Banned
390 Posts
Good luck! I can't help on the Canadian prices but can highly recommend the B&O. It is an option in the UK (with discount about £500) I can't praise it enough with DAB radio and AMI too my long journies are filled with great music.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ManoftheMoment. I definitely want the B&O system - there was never any question :thumbsup:

Maybe I can be a bit more broad with my question since the Canadian market is pretty small compared with the Euro and US markets. Does anyone know how the MSRP on the 2011 models compares with the MSRP on 2010 in their respective markets (i.e. what the UK 2011 MSRP is compared to the UK 2010 MSRP)?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Unless exchange rates suddenly improve, I doubt there will be a price decrease. We've only seen price increases for the last two model years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I bought one! It'll be Phantom black with a black interior, Nav package, drive select, side assist, the B&O system all on a Premium trim (for 2011 we just have the standard and premium trims).

I really want the car for August (delivery is expected mid-August), so I had to order now (because of the allocation in my area). Upside, I got a really decent discount ($3800 - 5% off). Downside, we used the 2010 pricing as the benchmark and the deal is subject to the 2011 pricing. So assuming it doesn't change much (and hopefully changes downward since the Euro has dropped significantly against the Canadian Dolllar), I should be paying what I expected to pay in the first place.

I am really looking forward to taking the car for its first spin. I'll be around these forums a lot more in the future :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
i ordered my 2010 in april of last year for august delivery, and pricing was not announced until just before my car arrived.

as there are not many changes i wouldn't expect much of a change in price, but would likely only go up. last year in the US they decontented the base model, but the price still went up $1000. the price for some options did however go slightly down.

·
Registered
20 Posts
btw - congrats. you'll be very happy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey all.
pdxr, i ordered the exact same specs...except in meteor grey with mustang brown interior...my s5 is due to arrive in mid july...as soon as i get definite pricing i'll let you know...only 2 months away.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks toothysaw2. I loved taking a quick blast during the test drive. I just know I'll be seeing the current consumption up around the 40l/100km often. :yikes:

@Homer_514, I'd love to hear what the pricing is when you find out. I was told by the dealer that they should know in about 6 weeks. I'm wondering how much of a guess that time frame is though.

Oh well, as long as I get the car when I expect it, all will be right with the world :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey pdxr,
i finally got my pricing.
it is lower than 2010 S5 (with same options) by about $ 30 / month.
i am still trying to get the dealer to go down a little more.
anyway, my car arrives in Halifax on the 28th of june, so i should have it the 1st week of july...:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anybody know when 2011 A4s and TTs will be available for ordering in the US?
S.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Homer I ordered a 2011 S5Cab from Auto Niquet in Saint Bruno in Early May and they have no idea when its going to come in. As for the pricing it was the same as an 010 and for discounts he gave me a lousy 1000 off and said thats the most they give, he started at 700. Prestige auto in Montreal were no better, Niquet gave me 2200 more for my trade-in so thats why I bought it there. I also ordered Meteor grey but with the Red interior.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi butarctic,
did you originally get a price for the 2010 cab?
if so, your price should go down because the prices are very similar, the rates have not changed, and the buyback value is higher. (this was my situation).
I ordered my car from Park Avenue Audi.
I should have it in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I originally ordered the 2010 in late March but 3 weeks later told the dealer i wanted the nav and the carbon fiber inlays so thats why i,m getting an 011, I bought the car i,m not leasing. Its still hard to believe they basically give no discounts on s models, my friend works for Air Canada and can get 7% off msrp on all models except the R8 and S models, you think they could do a little better on an 80K car before taxes., oh well enough bitching i wanted the car and now i,m getting it. They now have agreed to at least throw in the supercharge badges at no cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 S5 from a dealer in the GTA - base model, white, red interior, 19" wheels. I didn't go with the Nav b/c I can't justify the $3200 price-tag for what you get...

Car is expected to arrive late Aug - mid Sept.

I received 4% off the MSRP of $60,900 (that's $59,900 plus the $1000 wheel upgrade), so a $2400 discount. Of course I'm starting to wonder if I could have gotten a better discount because it wasn't that difficult to get this deal.

On the upside, they offered me a fair price on my trade-in, so I'm happy about that.

Let the waiting begin!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
congrats Sybersport. Now the wait begins...and its a killer. What are you trading up from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I currently drive a Nissan SUV, but I guess technically I'm "trading up" from a life of Ford Mustangs (used to have a GT that put 400HP to the rear wheels :))

I was actually debating on getting a Cadillac CTS-V (pure performance monster), but both dealerships I visited left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so I walked away...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Waiting for 2011 S5 in Boston

I ordered a 2011 S5, (Phantom Black, Triptronic, Prestige Package) in late May. Production date is scheduled for 6/24, anticipated delivery to Boston is August 5. So far, everything is on schedule. I was informed by the dealer that the only potential glitch in the schedule is if Audi is required to modify/retrofit something on the car once it arrives in the US; apparently the cards are inspected for US safety and emissions compliance. Has anyone experienced a delivery delay due to this issue?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice nice Syber, ive never been a caddy fan and find their designs to have too many straight boxy lines these days. I think that S5 will serve you much better and will be more noticeable on the roads ;)

@Hench, I really hope there aren't any delays. It's hard enough waiting this long, I don't want to wait longer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I currently drive a Nissan SUV, but I guess technically I'm "trading up" from a life of Ford Mustangs (used to have a GT that put 400HP to the rear wheels :))

I was actually debating on getting a Cadillac CTS-V (pure performance monster), but both dealerships I visited left me with a bad taste in my mouth, so I walked away...
We seem to have similar roots, although your Ford fixation for me was Chevrolet. I've been in a corvette for a fair number of years, and I also looked carefully at the CTS-V. The price was what turned me off from them, but there were a few other factors. They are brutally fast (556hp) - near a 4.0 0-60 time, and they also had four seats like my S5 (arguably more comfortable rear seats), The S5 takes a few points from the CTS-V with its four wheel drive too.

I love the S5, and think I'll be very happy with it moving forward.

--Charles​

1 - 20 of 26 Posts