Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am installing an AWE tuning Exhaust on A 2011 s5 Convertable and can not for the life of me figure out a way to remove the down tube nut. Any help, tips, tricks to get this over with would be a great!

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
Kevin mate welcome to the nut house you will surely fit in well. Listen in your intro please show us yer car and not yer ugly mug, tell us more about you and the car and THEN ask your question. Ciao!!! Simon

·
Registered
Audi A5 f5 3.0 TDI Quattro S line S tronic Virtual Cockpit Driving assist pack
889 Posts
Hi Kevin,

considering is the underside of the car, lots of water/salt hence I could imagine the rust etc on the nut.
You’ll need some penetrating fluid (WD40) and let it do some of the work for a day or so. And if all else fails, the blow torch to expand the nut so you can take it off.

~Alex

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
So i am installing an AWE tuning Exhaust on A 2011 s5 Convertable and can not for the life of me figure out a way to remove the down tube nut. Any help, tips, tricks to get this over with would be a great!
I presume you mean the downpipe flange with the 3 nuts on either side up either side of the gearbox? This is well documented on You tube! :)

Audi with their wisdom, thought, I know, to stop those DIY English men tinkering with their cars, we schall plazen ze nut ontop of ze flangen!

You can get them off with a crows foot socket attachment, or as most know on here, I like a DIY challenge, so I welded a small extension bar into a U shape, attached a 13mm socket and just unscrewed from underneath. It is mainly just one that gives you grief on the right hand side!

Fitted my V8 downpipes and put stainless bolts in with the nuts on the bottom! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts