Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very common question guys I know as I've searched and searched!

I have a 2011 a5 black edition with b&o and a samsung s10 mobile. I can connect for bluetooth calls but I dont seem to be able to connect to the AMI. I have the audi cable and I've plugged my charger USB cable into it but the system wont recognise it....

Will a bluetooth module work?

·
Registered
357 Posts
This will depend on which model of MMI you have- I have the MMI3G+ and the phone connects automatically to it wirelessly via bluetooth for both telephone and media- including Waze and Spotify (which shows track info on MMI screen) etc. which all work via the console MMI controls or voice & steering wheel controls, so I only need to use the AMI connector for an i-pod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bluetooth only gives me the option to call pal....

There must be a way to play my music. If I connect via the audi lead with my charging cable plugged into it it just tells me not recognized

·
Registered
357 Posts
Tune2Air works well with the MMI/AMI interface- have a search on here, plenty of info available.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not so- I used one with an Android phone a couple of years ago- seamless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw this but only for iphone currently.

Will look further. Thankyou pal
Hello, Sorry just seen this. I have an apple iphone x and use a Yellow collar AMI Cable. It seems to work fine for me. The only issue I have is the lead isn't long enough, so i've had to order a lightning extension cable.

If you want the photo of the lead let me know.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts