Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys, my wife has an 2011 Audi A5 coupe . The car was giving her issues a few months ago and we never fixed this them. The car gave out at one point . She had her veh towed and sat on her garage for approx 3-4 months. I decided to finally go uber the hood and check it out. I ran the obd scanner and came back with codes. It displayed P0016 bank 1 como sensor / engine speed sensor 2. crankshaft/camshaft timing misalignment bank 1.
I’m not a mechanic savy but I did research it and I came to the conclusion that I had to replace the crankshaft sensor( which I did). Since I was underneath the hood , I replaced the oil along with filter and spark plugs which was way over due. The veh finally turned on. I left it idling for approx 15 min. As the veh was on, I decide to open the gas cap on and add a fuel additive. I walk back to the driver seat and place the veh on Drive. The veh instantly turned off and would not turn on anymore. It cranks but does not turn on completely.

any advice guys ? Anything would help please 🙏

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
William mate PLEASE show us the car and NOT yerself!!!! You need to scan the car with VCDS to start to understand what is going down so either buy one or find a good VAG expert.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts