Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I'm in the middle of changing the stronic gearbox oil and filters.. Mine is a 2010 a5 3.0tdi I've replaced the internal filter but can't see any external filter!

Mine is different from any you tube videos, I've found this online...

Font Line Elbow Parallel Slope

Mine seems to be the one on the left hand side... Does this not need to be /not possible to replace?

Appreciate help all as waiting to put everything back together!

Thanks
Ga

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, this is replaced as it's a small cylinder filter that sits inside a plastic capsule on the outside of the box- around £20 to replace:
AUDI A4 A5 A6 A7 Q5 HYDRAULIC FILTER SET AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 0B5325240C

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply... Mine doesn't have anything at the side of the sump like others who I've watched replacing on you tube.. Mine is a 2010 model.. If I trace pipes then I can see something that looks like the filter to the left that I showed earlier but in the text next to this picture it doesn't mention it being replaced. Only the plastic version on the right side of that picture.. Hope that makes sense!

·
Registered
478 Posts
OK- well mine's a 2010 (3.0 Tdi CCWA) S-tronic and that;s what I have, so you must have another version- hopefully someone else can advise?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know if its possible to retrofit the replaceable filter bypassing the non replaceable filter (and ideally part numbers) ?

.. Seems crazy this wasn't originally replaceable and likely part of the reason the original stronic are less reliable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts