Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to swap the 2010's taillights over to the 08-09 successfully?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hold on one second while I stop laughing.

Read this thread start to finish - http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/a5-s5-rear-4727/index.html?t=4727

Bottom line, yes (in Europe) and no (in the States). I ordered and received my OEMPLus LED Tail-Lamps on behalf of Kauftec. They have been sitting in the trunk since May. OEMPLus has said they are working to resolve the problem, but as yet they haven't delivered. $1500 out the door....yeah!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yes i have fitted these to my 08 S5 and imho i say they look much better than the standard tails. Much more modern in line with the styling of the car. The originald do look good but the LED's have the edge.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm sure a solution will come to us in north america at some point (fingers crossed). I have to admit, I like the style of the old lights better (notwithstanding the LEDs). I wonder if anyone will step up to the plate in the aftermarket world to open them up and install LEDs directly... With the proper resistors it could work...

·
Registered
374 Posts
this is ridiculous nobody has been able to figure this out for over what 2 years?
LED tail lights came out 2 months ago with MY2010 cars. How did you get 2 years?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts