Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ruled out caliper and flex line by replacing both. Brake would drag on and off then pump brakes and it would release. Now it drags continuous, not enough to lock up brakes just wont release. I can jack it up and crack the caliper bleed screw and it releases instantly. So what's next? Caliper good, Flex line good. When bleeding brakes fluid flows normally. Replace hard line? Maybe ABS valve at MS. No ABS codes? This one has me stumped. Help please.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Reaper mate please lets see yer car and not you!!!! Wierd situation you describe as disc brakes cannot "drag" usually, I never heard this one before. Personally I would start with the calipers and remove the pads, rub them down a little and refit with plenty of lithium grease on the back. Then check all of the circuits and replace the fluid and the bleed valves too cos maybe one of them is obstructed. Keep us informed ta Simon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha sorry about my face it linked to my google account. Tried all that times two. Two calipers all same result. Gonna try to power bleed that side and flush a lot of brake fluid through and see if any crud comes out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.