Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an Audi A5 from an auction and I just now noticed that the catalytic converter is missng. My car will not start or crank, it's like it has no power. The interior lights do not work, the instrument panel does not display but the right headlight comes on. When I put the key fob in and mash the brake, it sounds like the fuel pump is trying to come on. Nothing works inside the car except for the seats and when you close the door, the windows go up. I took a wire and put it on the positive side of the battery and touched the wire on the starter and the starter caused the engine to turn. I did replace the battery. I cannot move the car. I found the emergency release button underneath the ash tray to get the car out of park, but I still cannot move it because the Emergency brake button is flashing, like it's engaged. I also noticed that when I push my key in to try and crank the car, I do get message that says remove key.Thanks for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Blimey Hunter mate you enjoy a challenge then???? First step is to purchase a OBD2 system and the best one is the American system VCDS, and start to get an idea of the error messages. The idea is then to clear them (cos they stay in the ECUs memory) and then when the car runs, see which of them return. Note also that the new battery MAY need to be programmed to your car, you can do that with VCDS too. GOOD LUCK!!!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Excellent point Sayek mate and let me guess......no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts